cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5mb, 1.8mb.... 0.234kb/s?!

DJSmurf

Re: 5mb, 1.8mb.... 0.234kb/s?!

Ok, just tried a different micro-filter and still no difference... Also, think i should point out that it also takes between 5 and 20 minutes for the internet to come back on once the router has been restarted... Im pretty sure thats not normal and could give more info as to the problem?
DJSmurf

Ok, we had contacted PlusNet about all this and we've got an engineer coming out but it the coversation type thing on the support page, it says we're on a banded profile and we're capped between 160-288kb/s
"Banding in place reducing speeds,
WBC 160K - 288K Medium delay (INP Cool 6dB Downstream, 448 Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)"
Now i know a fair bit about computers etc, but i have never heard of being " Banded "... Can someone explain this?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Banded means the automated equipment in the telephone exchange has concluded your line is so awful that it isn't worth the bother of trying to give you a high speed.  Instead your downstream speed is set within a very low and limited band of speeds.  Banding is really just a side-effect of the fact that your line has become so poor. Hopefully the engineer will find and fix your problem. 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi DJSmurf,
The banding on your line should be removed today and your speeds will then increase.
Let me know how you go on.