cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

448kbps upload limit

plus85

448kbps upload limit

Hi there,
I'm new to Plusnet, having come over from Be. I understand Plusnet imposes a 448kbps cap on ADSL2 lines, I was wondering if it's possible for me to have this cap removed? I can provide my PN use name via PM if required.
Many thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 448kbps upload limit

Hi Plus85,
That's alright, your forum account is linked with your Plusnet one so we can find you that way. It's only us Plusnet staff that can do that though.
The order to uncap your upstream has been placed, it'll complete tomorrow for you. Hope it improves things.
plus85

Thank you.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Just wondered, as this is a recurring topic (and sorry if it's been answered previously) why Plusnet automatically upstream cap new connections? There seems to be a continuous series of posts asking for it to be uncapped. Does capping slightly increase the downstream rate, or are the two independent of each other?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

At one time capping upstream on 21CN gave fewer faults. Uncapping upstream shouldn't reduce downstream sync speed though can (indirectly) affect actual speeds. It can also cause problems for those a long way from the exchange.
I believe a development task is in place to change the default to uncapped upstream but it's a low priority task.
David