cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 weeks and no broadband

virving1

4 weeks and no broadband

My roommate and I have been waiting for an entire month now to get a technician to set up our new router and get us some wifi. This is despite the fact that we have given multiple days when we were available and despite having tried to contact PlusNet multiple times! You say our complaint is heard when clearly it isn't, since these pages seem to be the only place where you can get a response that isn't autogenerated. The only PlusNet is good at is taking out money. We've paid for installation and one month of internet and broadband that we haven't gotten!

This is outrageous and shameful. PlusNet owes us money and service.

We've repeatedly told them we need our internet set up before July. It should not take a month for you to respond, or to provide services that have been paid for, especially not when we were first promised a technician would arrive on the 5th of June. 

Fix this. We clearly not the only ones you've yet to help, but this is bad business conduct and bad customer service.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: 4 weeks and no broadband

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately as there isn't a active line at your property we've had to place a order to install a new line.

This has got stuck in our suppliers systems and they've raised a bridge case to get this progressed further.

We should know more on the 3rd

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@virving1

Although PlusNet take the money upfront the charging period doesn't start until your service goes live. The "live" date then becomes your billing date and you receive your second bill a month later.

Brian

virving1

Hi, thank you for replying here.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help us. As mentioned, we needed this set up before July and July 3rd is the /absolute/ latest day we can receive a technician before the end of August. If you can arrange for instalment on the 3rd, that would be great. If not, we first of all don't expect to be charged anything for having to postpone instalment but are unsure of your policies here. And second, can you then please contact me on the 3rd (by phone, please) and give an update? We can give times when we are available and we can give you a period in which you can set up an instalment date. 

Best wishes

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid it won't be possible to get you up and running on the 3rd as there's still a lot of work that needs to be carried out in your area.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team