Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Disconnection in 3 Days?

Cobra90
Grafter

Re: 4 Disconnection in 3 Days?

Thanks for the reply james, I'll tell my dad about this NTE5
You said that the fault is commonly to do with the router, but we got our router from you 😮 when we signed up for a year, if it is the router, do we get a replacment? Or do we have to buy our own?
James
Grafter

Hi again,
If the router is faulty and less than 12 months old, we would replace it free of charge for you.
When I said common, I meant that it sometimes happens Smiley  Not that it happens all of the time.
MickKi
Grafter

Just borrow one to test the connection.  If the dropouts disappear the problem is with your original router.
An old house invariably has old wiring which can be suspect.  If you do not want to fit a BT Master Socket (already recommended that you do fit an NTE5 with an adsl faceplate) then you could disconnect the bell wire to remove noise from the line that the broadband uses.
Cobra90
Grafter

Hey guys!
Good news! my net works properly now!!!
It appears that where my router was, in my granddad's workshop, the phone socket there was old faulty (judging by the dead spiders inside it haha). So at the weekend, my dad and I went to Cribbs Causeway and went into Maplin, bought a new bell (to replace the old cow bell one lol) and some phone extension cable  ;D. After about 2-3 hours of seeing what wires go where, we put a new socket where the bell was, and put the router + bell on that. And I haven't disconnected since  Cheesy
So it wasn't the router, or anything, just some old/dodgy wiring  Shocked thanks for all of the support guys, you helped us come to our conclusion  Crazy thanks again