Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd day of shocking speeds.

mpercival
Dabbler

3rd day of shocking speeds.

Hi there,
Who do I have to talk to about getting any kind of change in my IP profile.
I've learned a lot over the last 3 days about the lingo of these problems, but depite my problem ticket, there doesn't seem to have been any testing on my line and I would kill for a measly 2Mb connection at the moment 'cos I've been stuck on a 135k profile for all that time.....it used to be 7Mb
I thought that the BT rate adaption should have picked up the speed by now - it has had a full 24 hours of me not unplugging the router in vain hope Smiley
I'd love to be doing the whole "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi" thing, but I can't face wearing my hair in buns! Anyone have any suggestions? (about the speed, not the hair!)
Martin
12 REPLIES 12
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 3rd day of shocking speeds.

What speed are you currently syncing at and how long have you been syncing at that speed?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

reading his other four postings, he used to have 6.5/m on the 30th but did some self impossed multi connections on the 31st and now has to wait 3 days
James
Grafter

Re:3rd day of shocking speeds.

Hi,
I can see that your connection has dropped 5 times since the 31st, either by you rebooting your router or by your router dropping sync.  Has the connection resynced at a high level each time it has reconnected?
If it has, I would have expected your profile to have picked up by now.
mpercival
Dabbler

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.
I'm synced at 5792Kbps currently and have been there or therabouts on the router the whole time. The line drops were all my doing as I couldn't understand how the stats tallied with the download speeds I was seeing.
I'm waiting out my 72 hours in hope but after all I'd read I thout that BT might have picked me up - even a little bit - by now.
Martin
mpercival
Dabbler

Aha! Now the bt speedtester is showing my profile as 5000Kbps.
The Plus one is still set to 250... I see that there are 2 updates a day to this, does anyone know if they are on a fixed time (say 12noon and midnight for example)?
Martin
ClaretMatt
Grafter

Someone from the Plus will see this and adjust it for you I suspect
mpercival
Dabbler

Cool! Rubbing my hands in anticipation Smiley
James
Grafter

Oops, forgot to mention that I'd changed this earlir.
Please let me know if you see an improvement.
mpercival
Dabbler

Hi James,
Thanks for the change, I see it in there.
Now it seems as if Plus and BT agree on 5000Kbps....the difficulty is that the BT speedtester still tests my speed as being at 208Kbps. Maybe this is where my original problem came in.
Everything says It should be better...but it's not. Is there anything going on at the Plus end with all the works still?
Martin
James
Grafter

Martin,
You probably need to reboot yur router.
mpercival
Dabbler

James, that did the trick....curious to know why,  but hey it's better than it was.
I'm still only back to 2.8Mb but after the last few days that feels like wide open space to me  Cheesy
I'll leave it alone now to see if it creeps back up to the more normal speeds I was seeing before all this.
Thanks again,
Martin
James
Grafter

Re:3rd day of shocking speeds.

Fingers crossed Smiley
Basically, you needed to restart your connection for it to pick up the change in profile.