Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dB Profile change

FIXED
mikemod
Dabbler

Re: 3dB Profile change

Back to 2.4Mpbs/3dB after I reset the modem..

Hope this isn't the REIN issue back again where I was seeing instant 6dB drops in the SNR, which lasted about an hour.

Things seem to be steady over the last 12 hours, just put my logger back on the router.

Line did a resync at 8.45, not sure what caused that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for that Anoush, it may not seem much to some, but that is a 10% increase Smiley, that's about the max I have seen.

Every little helps. Smiley

It's possible it was due to the line fault I detected, or engineering work happening to fix the problem.

I'm not in the office at the moment, but I'll check up on the status of the fault report next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikemod
Dabbler

No problem, all looking good, the line has been stable at 3dB for the last 24 hours. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

I'm glad to hear that. Smiley

It looks like an engineer went out last Friday afternoon and fixed a problem on the line.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikemod
Dabbler

Unfortunately things now seem to be worse,.

The first thing I noticed was that caller display had not been working all day, this now appears to be working again since 18:05.

Now, every time someone rings in the SNR drops to 0 and stays there until the caller hangs up and the broadband then resyncs. It's OK if you make a call out.

I have disconnected all phones and extensions from the Master Socket but it still happens when you call the number.

mikemod
Dabbler

All sorted now thanks to an OR engineer

Looks like a lightning strike last year had damaged cables on the first pole outside my house but it has taken a while for them to fail completely.  Smiley

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting touch.

We are glad to hear it has been resolved. Please get in touch if you need any further assistance. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team