Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

38MB unlimited fttc?

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: 38MB unlimited fttc?

I've passed the ticket to our faults team with the relevant info, they'll be in-touch when they have completed their testing.
The ticket number is: 73893118
IndiaBravo
Grafter

Thanks for that Chris (I tried over the weekend and still was broken)
FYI. On Friday my profile reset to how it was before you looked at it - 15db margin and 6000kbps sync.

I notice there are a few new posts today about haphazard sync profiles. I didn't realise there was a BT profile and a Plusnet profile - must make sorting issues a pain?
IndiaBravo
Grafter

Well, first response on that ticket - "You're line is stabilised at 15db Margin and you have the connection speed we expect"
exactly the same response that prompted this topic.
I wish I'd never raised the issue on the intermittent drop outs when I got a call. TBH I could've lived with the slight inconvenience and an 11000kbps sync rather than now.
Just ran a thinkbroadand test and getting 4.89 Mbps which I don't think I even saw before ADSL2 came along.
Is this something that I'm now not going to get sorted or worth pursuing? I *think* I should be getting 7-9db margin and at best a 9000kbps connection based on history (that's what I seem to recall when I had a stable, fast line). Is the fact that interleaving is switched on going to be a factor on this?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not sure what we can add to the response really, sorry about that. We could raise a fault and push for the line to be reset but with a lower SNR it might lead to instability - plus as we've no control over the DLM system, chances are the target SNR would go back to 15dB once the reset was complete. I'd strongly recommend testing with another router if possible to see if the low figures you're seeing there are duplicated as it's looking like a hardware issue there.
Hope that helps, sorry it's not ideal.
IndiaBravo
Grafter

yeah, thanks Matt. Can confirm it's the same with a different router as that was part of the original testing.
It's annoying - my original call was to ask to look at the connection dropping on answering a call every so often. This appeared to be indicative of a wider fault as I know of a couple of others in my town (same exchange, different cabinets) with the same issue but with different ISPs.
The fix introduced the margin dropping low during the evening which was then 'fixed' to get to the current state.
Is there any way to completely reset the line, including removing the interleaving - I'd quite honestly prefer it even if it reintroduced the original annoyance? I ran for a very long time at around 8000-9000kbps and no issues, then it slowly crept up to 11000 and the dropping occurred everysooften. Now I'm lower than I've been in years  Sad  (at one point Chris did something that upped my sync to a reasonable standard, but that appeared to reset just before he raised the ticket)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I suspect the complete line reset is what Chris did, and by the sound of it it didn't hold which is the concern I mention above. It'd only be a temporary fix.
The only thing that'd help really is to get whatever fault is on the line fixed, then reset it - I'll put some notes on the fault ticket about the hardware testing and that the issue is still apparent and we'll get some further tests done. Hopefully we'll be able to escalate it for you and get it sorted.
deathtrap
Grafter

As there appears to be some interaction between the PSTN and ADSL , I would suspect a HR fault with the line, or the filter  exchange side,
Have different filters  whilst connected directly into the test socket have been tried, Also can any Dsl chatter be heard when the router is establishing a sync ? If so that would back up my theory
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Are you connected to your test socket? If not, I'd suggest connecting to it while the fault process is ongoing,.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're not in the test socket, can you describe the set-up for us? Which socket you're in, extension leads/filters etc.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
IndiaBravo
Grafter

Hi Chris, sorry - I've been away awhile.
I've always been connected to the master socket, no extensions wired in either. I have moved to the test socket with a known good filter and new cable, and replied to the support call. Hopefully I can have a full reset BT and plusnet profile?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've placed a SNR reset on your line, you should see if this has has an impact in the next few hours.
Let us know how you get on.