cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21cn question

chatburger
Grafter

Re: 21cn question

At the halfway mark and I see nothing but disconnections high latency and slower dl speeds. I can really see the point of continuing with what is a worse service than I was receiving on adsl max. If anything the noise margin has increased since my switch over. I have had far too many internet issues over the years to pursue a dead end. Can I just request to be switched back to adsl max?
chatburger
Grafter

10 days into my training period and my stats are as follows..
ADSL Link              Downstream                Upstream
Connection Speed  3905 kbps                    888 kbps
Line Attenuation        47.0 db                      25.9 db
Noise Margin            15.1 db                        5.7 db
line attenuation has dropped which i thought was a bit wierd.
i suspect that many of the disconnection on the line are my side.(trying to trace the high noise margin,ect ect.)
So my question is. Am i likely to see my noise margin drop any time soon? Or can i ask for a line reset in the hope it will sort itself out? i dont believe the noise margin is coming from my side.
also since i was upgraded my latency is pretty poor. before i had great latency. so thats another downside.
the guy who posted my stats obviously got my stats before my EXCHANGE was upgraded, they was slightly better than this thread would suggest.
any ideas or suggestions are welcome!!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi chatburger,
I have placed a SNR reset on your line, this usually takes up-to 4 hours but can sometimes take up-to 24 hours.
Let me know what your connection is like once it's complete.
Chris
chatburger
Grafter

Great, thanks.  Hasn't happened yet but of course I will wait the 24hrs and report the results.
chatburger
Grafter

I don't think the snr reset went through. Could anybody possibly double check for me.
Thanks
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

As your upload got uncapped as you got upgraded, that will lower your download speed.  It might be worth while getting it capped, as its border line on the harmful side as to your download speed if say you want to watch HD streams.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
chatburger
Grafter

Really? I didn't think that would make a difference.My main concern is my high noise margin since switching to adsl 2 . I'm hoping the snr reset will drop it to a ordinary level....and give me a bit more dl speed. Could the upload uncap be the cause of the high noise margin or am I grasping at straws?
I just wanna get it stable and ask for interleaving to be switched off for better latency.
chatburger
Grafter

Hey Chris
Can I just ask if the snr reset went through? If so nothing has changed and I will admit defeat!!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The SNR reset has failed. I am going to place one again now, I will check on it first thing in the morning, if it fails again I will follow this up further for you.
chatburger
Grafter

I'd appreciate that, thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I spoken with our suppliers this morning who have informed me that your line is currently in stabilisation period after the SNR reset. It will recalculate the SNR margin on the 03/09/2012. I will check back on your account to see what has happened on this date.
chatburger
Grafter

Sorry to reawaken a old thread but its the 3rd today and unfortunately  the reset still hasn't gone through. Unless it has and it's made zero difference.  Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've checked your line and can see the noise has dropped to 13db on your downstream, still higher than I hoped though.
The next step to rectify this is to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net you will need to complete the initial diagnostic questions.
I will notify our faults team of the steps I have taken so we can move this along as quickly as possible.
Chris
chatburger
Grafter

Hi
Raised a ticket, although I don't hold out too much hope.  with it been only a bit of speed I'm losing it seems a bit petty raising a fault .
Anyway, thanks for the help.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll keep an eye on your fault and update as and when. If we can get the noise down it would certainly help.
As one advert says "every little helps".  Wink