cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN

JTitor

21CN

Hi,
Just noticed that my Exchange is showing as 21CN WBC status:Enabled on Sam Knows, any idea if I need to do anything?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
TheIslander
Grafter

Re: 21CN

If you are on ADSL max they could transfer you to ADSL2+ (21CN). But you may have to ask them to order it for you.
Also make sure you router is compatible with ADSL2+. Some older ones are not.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Just raise a ticket and ask to be transferred to 21CN/ADSL2+, there is no cost. But do check your router is capable of ADSL2+. If not, you can get one from Plusnet with conditions (if they have not already supplied you with one). If you have been supplied with a router recently it is likely to support ADSL2+.
Also when requesting the change make sure you ask that your connection is actually enabled for ADSL2+ as sometimes they will move you but still limit your connection to ADSL1. After the switch, see what your line attenuation/SNR is like and if it's good, you can then request the upload be uncapped (when switching to ADSL2+, Plusnet limit your upload to 448Kbs).
x47c
Grafter

I see that no replies have yet mentioned one pertinent fact..........
If your current sync is below 4000 kbps then moving to ADSL2 will provide no benefit.
Indeed there have been cases where those with low sync's have been WORSE off on ADSL2+
For those in this category they are moved to 21CN but remain on ADSL1 under the 21CN system.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JTitor,
I've placed the order for you today, should complete around the 20th for you. Hope it improves things.