cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

Quote from: Joanne
Hi Jim,
I've upped that to 4300 now.
Jojo Smiley
And it has now reverted to 4.2Mb but the speed test is still what i would expect from 4.3Mb. IP profile hasn't changed and I haven't lost sync
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just replied to your ticket there Jim Smiley
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Joanne
I've just been speaking to our suppliers and I've some news. They have identified the issue and are initiating a fix for it. Sadly, it's not a simple one and will take a number of weeks to implement.

Is there any news yet on this?
My connection has stayed stuck on a slightly lower profile than BT's for well over a month. Never moved.
Now the connection has dropped and reconnected at a higher speed due to the moronic DLM which sees stability as a good reason to introduce instability with a 3 noise margin. Still that will either hold for a while or go back up again.
Meanwhile Plusnets profile stays resolutely stuck.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Is there any news yet on this?

Hi, we'll need to speak to Jojo about that, she's on leave today but I'll drop her a message to have a look at this on Monday.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

After a few inevitable drops and dropping the connection at the right moment the sn is now back to 6.
The Plusnet profile is still showing 6.5 not that it makes any difference as the BT test is now showing 7.1 and a download speed of a bit above 6900, agreeing with a couple of other speed tests.
When this happens, and I'm not the only one that's noticed it on these boards, it makes you wonder if the only thing stuck is a number on a web page.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dropped again this morning, for no good reason, as something somewhere thinks it's a good idea to be on a sn of 9 now. The DLM goes from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Meanwhile of course Plusnet still shows the same profile.
It's at times like this that I wish that the sn could be fixed to 6 and then my long periods of stability wouldn't be interrupted needlessly by the mindless DLM software thinking it might be able to "improve" things yet again.
As the BT profile has now dropped to 6.32 the Plusnet profile is now relatively "OK" at 6.5. Bit like a stopped clock, it's bound to be right at some point.
worcswizzard
Grafter

Hi JoJo, I think you can add me to the list. I was switched last Thursday (23rd Feb) but I have been up and down like a yoyo.
Current BT speed test shows:

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download  Speed
6.75 Mbps

0 Kbps 21 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.75 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 11.74 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
1.1 Mbps

0 Kbps 832 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.1Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps
Plus net profile is still at 7150.
I say current because my speeds have been in the 11Mps region for a while before dropping away then retuning, then dropping away again. Up stream went from 747kps to 1-1 and stayed there AND according to DMT tool interleaving  has been removed. My error count has risen dramatically as a consequence.(compared with what I'm used to) and my speed has dropped away.
My current router stats are (dlink 2670b) 12 hrs up time
Mode: ADSL2+
Line Coding: Trellis On

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps): 13367   1167

SNR Margin (dB): 6.3   6.2
Attenuation (dB): 29.0   9.9
Output Power (dBm): 12.1   0.0

Super Frames: 2728341   2728339
Super Frame Errors: 2439   0
RS Words: 0   0
RS Correctable Errors: 0   0
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0   N/A

HEC Errors: 2260   0
OCD Errors: 259   0
LCD Errors: 0   0
Total Cells: 1385974531   1645471
Data Cells: 1540798   127
Bit Errors: 0
Rob
Ps meant to say that my down load speed was confirmed to me from a BBC iplayer down load that took half the usual time.
Link to my think broadband history.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/133020323914005428737.html
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi worcswizzard,
I have raised your profile to 11700 to allow for your new BT IP profile. This should take effect shortly.
Jojo Smiley
worcswizzard
Grafter

Thanks JoJo. My next question is about the interleaving. I have never had it switched off before, and haven't requested it now but I am concerned that the resulting increase in errors and a further  escalation due to  another  increase in speed  may become a problem.
Rob
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Rob,
Interleaving is off at the moment but the line is showing errors. Are you noticing any adverse effects from them?
Jojo Smiley
worcswizzard
Grafter

Hi JoJo, No adverse effects that I am aware of but I would rather not have the errors. I don't game so would be happy with interleaving ON if it gives a more stable line. By the way, last time I looked my plus net profile was at 7150 still, even thought I was up to down loading at 11mps plus according to bt speedtest.  I am more interested in stability than speed.
Rob
worcswizzard
Grafter

Hi JoJo. I think the errors are impacting. Back to 6.5mps and plusnet profile still  at 7.15.  Sad
I think interleaving needs restoring and snr raising. It was always 7-7.5 on 20cn.
Current SNR is hovering around 6 which I was never able to maintain on 20cn.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/133038535432821928900.html
Rob
Trevor
Grafter

Worcswizzard, I too find that the 21CN ADSL2+ DLM is somewhat more 'ambitious' than it was before conversion. After conversion, my synch rate bounced between around 9.7Mb/s and 7.3Mb/s for a few weeks. After a while, it settled down towards the lower end with a 9dB SNR target. After a week or two though, it will still have another crack at the 6dB target which is fair enough, but it can't hold it for more than one night before dropping (presumably due to excess errors).
I will be interested to see if interleaving helps you. I asked the same question and was told that it is set to 'auto' on my line but although the CRC and FEC error counts match on the uplink, I always have a zero FEC error count on the downlink so I guess the DLM reckons that interleaving isn't the answer to my line's problem, which seems to be large diurnal SNR variation.
Trevor
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi worcswizzard,
I've requested the profile set to interleaving on with 6dB SNR. I don't see why it shouldn't hold up at that. Let me know how it goes.
Jojo Smiley
worcswizzard
Grafter

Thanks JoJo, I'm sure that will be an improvement.
Rob
MrC
Grafter

Hi JoJo,
Not sure if this qualifies but I requested that the upstream cap on my account (duncodin) be removed which got actioned about a week ago. This apparently had the useful effect of resetting the BT line negotiation. The line is now stable at >4Mbps and the BT IP profile is 3.87Mbps but the PN profile is stuck at the pre-uncap figure of 2.7Mbps. Should I wait for the PN profile to catch up or does it need a kick?
Many thanks.