cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

With the new scripts running are you seeing delayed information from BT? That is, if you look at say 15:30 and the profile hasn't updated from a change that happened at say 14:00 could the information still come through from BT later is it a case that that long after it's never going to happen?
What I have in mind is guidance that could be given to users as to when it is appropriate for them to contact Plusnet. Something like if it has missed two script run times then it is appropriate to contact you, less than that sit tight and wait.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We are reliant upon BT's system to provide us with the updates which we now process correctly and in a timely fashion.
When a customer resyncs a delta report should be generated within 20 minutes, we are still seeing instances where this does comes through several hours later though.
So, if the delta report is late it will simply get updated on the next script that runs. But either way the delta report will trickle through at the late at the very least and then we'll update accordingly.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is there a timestamp on the report from BT that allows you to identify the late ones? Is it known why some are delayed?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There is yes, although this needs to be checked manually at the minute.
I am reporting on the ones that are coming through late that we come across, there's no identified cause yet though.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

We need that timestamp via member account otherwise we won't know when is the last report updated by BT
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Chris
They currently now run at 5 past 0,3,6,9,15,18 & 21. We will be adding an additional script in at 5 past midday, everyday. So, 5 past 0,3,6,9,12,15,18 & 21 this means that every 3 hours we will have a run over the course of the day.
We'll continue to monitor this and if there there room to add more then it will be something that is looked at if it will be beneficial.

Hi Chris,
That's great to see that it will be running 3 hourly. I trust this does apply to 20CN updates as well Wink
IMHO running more frequently is rather unnecessary. It would be far more beneficial as we've discussed before and has been suggested by many for a couple of years now, to have the Delta Report Time stamp added to the "Current Line Speed" page. Everyone would then realise whether another update was due and whether then last one had lagged. This could save a lot of general enquiries either on the Forum or by phone to CSC, even a few tickets perhaps. Anything that removes unnecessary load on Customer Services is a good thing. Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It does apply to 20CN too. If our scripts are running correctly then it should stop the need for people requesting a manual change. The timestamp is something we would like and it's definately something we're looking at. I certainly can't give any time frame on this yet though.
offbeatdave
Grafter

I am reporting on the ones that are coming through late that we come across, there's no identified cause yet though.

One for your collection (not a biggy as it's only an increase in line speed from 14.2Mb to 14.4Mb) - resync was around 7:30am on 17th but no change of PN speed 24 hours later, so presume no report has come through. If it helps it was physically powered down twice (and disconnected and moved) after 41+days uninterrupted connection.
Edit: clarified that router had been completely powered down
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Due to the problem last night I rebooted my router (there was also a problem with the router grinding to a halt after about 30 days connected) and my sync speed increased by a couple of hundred kbps
The automatic update happened over night - very good - but the speeds didn't increase because the drop PPP didn't happen again
Manual drop and speed test result increased from 3139kbps to 3500kbps and I am on  gateway pcl-bng02.which is very lightly loaded
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: offbeatdave

One for your collection (not a biggy as it's only an increase in line speed from 14.2Mb to 14.4Mb) - resync was around 7:30am on 17th but no change of PN speed 24 hours later, so presume no report has come through. If it helps it was manual reboot after 41+days uninterrupted connection.

Have you looked in the router log to see if both sync and PPP dropped?
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Currently on a 10 day retrain after the D side at my cabinet was found to be corroded,  but your side has been stuck since yesterday at least after the 10 day retrain was put through on the 16th.  Your initial profile after I had the first resync was correct at 5.8mb but its been stuck at 4.2mb since a night time sync drop on 16th.  I did a clean reboot[PPP logoff then restart from web interface] yesterday morning and today in the morning with no change.
Current line speed:
4.2 Mb
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.87 Mbps - lower than normal as I had a radio stream in back ground
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 5.27 Mbps
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
offbeatdave
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: offbeatdave
. If it helps it was manual reboot after 41+days uninterrupted connection.

Have you looked in the router log to see if both sync and PPP dropped?

Yes, it was a complete disconnection. Sorry - I meant to say the router was powered off and on (twice) (and also physically disconnected from the line and moved location twice). PN Line Speed has still not updated 29 hours later so there is still a delay somewhere in the system.
offbeatdave
Grafter

Any PN folk looking at the line speed update issue might be interested that it is now over 48 hours since my sync increased (albeit by just 0.2Mb) but it looks like no report has been sent to/received by PN as the PN line speed still hasn't increased.
Again, I'm not complaining or demanding it is altered manually. Just letting PN staff know in case they want to explore further.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I can't see a delta report, but having said that, your line profile is 14238 according to an xDSL test. If that's accurate, then your Plusnet profile is already set correctly at 14200.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

offbeatdave
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
...your line profile is 14238 according to an xDSL test. If that's accurate, then your Plusnet profile is already set correctly at 14200.

Hi Bob! We've been here before with what your system reports the line as being incorrect.
I can confirm with absolute certainty (I have printouts of the router stats from the time!) that when it was switched off, disconnected and then fired up again it connected at 16300+ and when this was repeated minutes later  the sync was still 16300+ and still is. The BT checker also reports that the IP profile is 14.44Mb
So why is your system not reporting the correct sync speed? The router is the PN Technicolor one.