cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN Migration Woes

geoffa
Grafter

21CN Migration Woes

Could some one from the Digicare team please look over ticket 49995962 for me. Cutting a long story short I was migrated to 21CN last Thursday, but despite being on a longish line which synchs around 3000 I have been moved to ADSL2+ rather than ADSL1 on 21CN. I believe this is the cause of the instability introduced since the move on Thursday.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: 21CN Migration Woes

Have you tried forcing your router to connect via ADSL1 to see if it improves matters?
Article here about doing that with a Thompson 585v7 (others are different, many are easier!)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

ADSL2 (rather than 2+) is also a good bet for a longer line.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
geoffa
Grafter

Quote from: JayG
Have you tried forcing your router to connect via ADSL1 to see if it improves matters?
Quote from: walker23
ADSL2 (rather than 2+) is also a good bet for a longer line.

At around 1700 yesterday the service became unuseable, with virtually every second being an errored second (same as from 12:30 on Saturday). I forced my router to ADSL1 which made no difference. In actual fact the router falls back to ADSL2 anyway, resulting in an apparently ok connection but with high errors.
So, my 40 years experience of diagnosing and fixing IT problems on anything from Mainframes to internet connections leads me to the following conclusion:-
There are 2 issues. Biggest problem is an intermittent fault with the MSAN port I've been connected to which results in an almost 100% error rate and unusable service. Secondary issue is high error rates and disconnections possibly caused by ADSL2/2+ instead of ADSL1.
Thanks guys.
jim:green quote fixed mod:end
geoffa
Grafter

Update. Since a brief loss of signal earlier this morning, with associated resynch, the high error rate appears to have completely disappeared. I think the loss of signal may well have been BT doing a "lift and shift" to a different MSAN port. Anyway, so far it looks good.
Please ignore my comments regarding a switch to ADSL1 - I would like to leave things as they are for now
Thanks