cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21C internet loss

jorvikmik
Grafter

21C internet loss

No internet since 19th August but at long last the situation is now to be addressed next week.
But during the course of my work this morning I called at an elderly neighbors house and found that she has had no emails for a few weeks and she thinks her rather old computer is faulty. I am thinking that her broadband went off at the same time as mine. Having a tablet with me I logged on to her wifi and found there is no internet though DSL light is on.
Using EE 4G I logged into her PN account on her behalf & there is a note on the 19th August giving a change from BBIPxxxxxxxx to BBEUxxxxxxxx on her account - would this be a change to the 21C network?

Should really go up with my laptop and a spare router to check  but feel I will be letting myself in for more problems as she will want me to phone on her behalf and I don't really have the time.

9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: 21C internet loss

Hi there,

Yes, a change of circuit ID from BBIP to BBEU indicates a change from 20 to 21CN.

Feel free to PM me with their details if there's still an issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jorvikmik
Grafter

Found that a elderly neighbor was also migrated to the new equipment and lost internet on the 19th of August so we will have been offline for 5 weeks on Friday. She had thought it was her old laptop as it had been  troublesome for a while and sent it for repair
Openreach were supposed to be working on mine today but nothing happening so far and next review put to Friday which makes me think Plusnet think it isn't likely to be working today.
Orkney's MSP managed to get it raised as far as a Plusnet complaints adviser but it doesn't seem that the engineers at local level are getting the works orders.

Anybody know if it is possible to keep a dialup service with plusnet and keep the email address if I change provider?
He started with Plusnet after me but he had already started using an email address on my account and never changed it. The other alternative would be if it was possible to transfer my account on to his line but I am told this cannot be done.

jorvikmik
Grafter

When I typed 'He' I meant my son

JHunter
Dabbler

This all sounds terribly familiar. They moved me onto the better network and disconnected me completely in the process. Apparently that's OK by Plusnet and I just have to wait until, well, until whenever it suits them. 

jorvikmik
Grafter

Yes it does seem rather common.
Son in law has only just got internet after five weeks of waiting after changing from BT to Plusnet. Three others in our group had either no phone and/or broadband for a good few weeks  after the lightening storms earlier this year yet BT customers were back on in 2 to 3 days.
Plusnet currently have 6 of th 10 broadband accounts on the island but I think the time it takes on the phone to report a fault will soon see a change in that.

JHunter
Dabbler

It can only be down to one of two things - either Plusnet don't actually chase Openreach at all (which I kind of doubt) or they just get ignored completely by Openreach because they have absolutely no contractual leverage whatsoever (which I think is pretty likely).

jorvikmik
Grafter

Yes, I totally agree and it must be very annoying but a lack of sufficient staff is not helping.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jorvikmik wrote:

Anybody know if it is possible to keep a dialup service with plusnet and keep the email address if I change provider?

1. Plusnet do not have any dial up capability at all.
  2. There is a retain your email only service available for a cost if you leave ( I cannot find the link currently)
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jorvikmik
Grafter

Seems it will be a choice between paying for the email address or migrate at least 2 of the accounts to UNO.Communications and get my son to use an alternative email address. I always use a domain address we have for emails but he always needs a push which it looks like this just might be.