cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20CN to 21CN on Formby exchange - Any body else having problems?

Anona

20CN to 21CN on Formby exchange - Any body else having problems?

Hi Guys,
Be gentle with me this is my 1st Post but is anyone else having problems with connectivity on the Formby Exchange (near Liverpool).
Apparently BT are changing (since 17th Feb) from the 20CN to 21CN network and jumpering across. I have now been disconnected for 7 days. I have raised a ticket but getting conflicting information.
Apart from its taken 3 days to get a response, the argument being put forward by Plusnet is that I am still on the 20CN network and all records of routing for Plusnet have been deleted. Hence why I can't connect using my user id etc.
Apart from the fact I was given forward notice (Jan) that I would be changed sometime in Feb, nothing was actually said about when 21CN change over would be happening. So rather poor communication on behalf of Plusnet. This is so unlike Plusnet.
Again it was only meant to be 10 mins not 7 days disconnect. And why was I not informed when the change was actually going to happen? I have had to work this out from the service status etc. Thanks Plusnet - again very poor!
And a bit difficult when you don't actually have a connection.
However, what I can't understand or get a response from Plusnet (Rami Hussain), if I am still on the 20CN network and if all Plusnet routing details have been deleted how can I still connect to the BT digital demo page using the test account @plusdsl.net. Surely routing is just done on the @plusdsl.net.
A fault has been finally raised to BT Formby exchange and the BT engineer has rang and said there is no fault. Yet Plusnet said they have rung BT wholesale who say there is a jumpering fault. So who is wrong or right and how long does it take to fix this type of problem?
The way I see it, if I believe Plusnet and all routing information has been deleted, I must therefore be on the 21CN network for test account to route to @plusdsl.net????Huh
The only conclusion I can come to (without further info from Plusnet) is that it is a mapping problem.
Lets say someone (Plusnet or BT wholesale) has given the mapping details (say wrongly against the wrong plan) to my local exchange and lets say the mapping (jumpering) is out by 10, all the local engineers will see is probably an active connection (green sync) but without my user credentials they can't actually check.
So unless Plusnet actually allocate this job to BT I could be here for weeks perhaps upto 3 weeks and still not connected. (rough estimate)
I know the local BT engineers have already closed the job done once as no fault found and it has just been re-opened. This is very frustrating. Cry
It just seems like a total lack of communication on all parts.  Angry
So is anybody else having problems or suggest what the problem could be, and how on earth I could get some kind of resolution?
Or if nothing else if anyone else is on the Formby exchange and disconnected you are not alone
Thanks
Anona
PS. Posted from my friends Sky Account (vey fast at 13 meg compared to my 6.5)- perhaps I should just move ISP's.
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: 20CN to 21CN on Formby exchange - Any body else having problems?

Welcome to the forum Anona Smiley
Quote from: Anona
perhaps I should just move ISP's.

That, I suspect could well depend on the response to this thread from PN Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
prichardson
Grafter

Good old Formby exchange. I moved from there to work here at Plusnet.
I need to look into this a little further for you and get my head around what you are and are not seeing.
From initial description you are on the 21CN network and may be subject to a known problem.
prichardson
Grafter

Right, I have left you a voice message, as the tests don't indicate if you are connected to the 20C or 21C network.
The test I have advised will very quickly narrow down both the network you are connected to and the port on the exchange equipment. We can do this without the test, but it wont be quick and may involve multiple engineers to site.
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi Anona, sorry that the fault is still not resolved. I've initially spoken to BTwholesale and confirmed to them that this is a jumpering issue. An engineer did go out but unfortunately didn't jumper the line correctly as we've started seeing BT HOME HUB logins. This will require another exchange engineer to get the jumpering right. Hopefully will be soon.
Anona

Hi Rami & Phil,
Yes it is very frustrating to be disconnected still after 8 days. Phils idea of changing to a unique User ID and getting BT to look for this user ID and reverse enginneer the link sounded like a good idea.
However, it would appear BT have not done this and now want to come into the house - how very strange! I guess after all that hard work they need a cup ot tea and a bacon butty  Wink
As you have identified my connection is not a BT Hub it is a Netgear, therefore my connection would appear to be jumpered wrongly. I guess when it eventually gets sorted, the other user with the Home Hub (presumbably BT Internet) will also get fixed. Two for one can't be bad.
What is also a little frustrating is that I had to post in the forums (after raising a ticket) before I got any real action.
My faith has (almost) been restored in Plusnet. And Phil if you fix this (and back in Formby) you are welcome to a cup of tea and bacon butty anytime 
Cheers
Anona
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Your connection appears to have been stable for a few days now, hopefully the information that Phil has provided in your ticket was helpful.