cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20CN -> ADSL2(+) upgrades

avatastic
Grafter

20CN -> ADSL2(+) upgrades

So, it has finally happened. My exchange is scheduled for an ADSL2(+) upgrade in August.
My question is this, what happens next?
Does it just happen and I just wait for my sync to change?*
Will my additional payment for Max Premium just stop or should I raise a ticket to make sure it's cancelled?
Should I raise this in a separate ticket to one requesting uncapped upload?
Cheers,
A.
* I'm about 750 meters from the exchange, I'm expecting the sync to change from 8Mb...
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: 20CN -> ADSL2(+) upgrades

As soon as you see the upgrade completed ask Plusnet for the transfer. Although Plusnet will do it automatically, it can be a few weeks depending upon the number of upgrades to do.
Max Premium should be removed automatically and also you should automatically be transferred without the upload being capped - it's 50/50 whether that will happen (it didn't for me when my previous exchange was upgraded).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey There avatastic Smiley
Wow, it's about time that happened! lol
We do generally do batch upgrades when we they are available, but it's quicker if you instigate it by contacting us.
You'll also need to request that the Max Premium is removed once the upgrade has gone through because billing for this is component based and this has to be added/removed manually, then request that the upload speed is uncapped (if you still want increased upload speeds).
Regards,
Matt
avatastic
Grafter

Thanks for the replies guys Smiley
The Exchange has less than 2000 subscribers so I'd imagine a batch upgrade could happen with out me noticing (assuming I don't spend all of August refreshing the exchange status to see if it says upgraded  ;D)
I assume the best way to contact for the move is a ticket and not a forum post? I'll raise the Max Premium removal in it's own ticket so it doesn't get missed with the upgrade request.
I know that uncap requests can go through from forum posts, but I'll probably tack that request on to the Max Premium ticket after that's been actioned.
Does anyone have any experience with how a Netgear DM111 modem works with ADSL2+? It claims to be an ADSL2+ modem but if it under performs I'll start looking for a replacement.
Cheers,
A.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)