cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Product Refresh - Phase 2

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: 2009 Product Refresh - Phase 2

its horses for courses, except that if you move from BBYW to any of the new plans, you keep all the goodies you currently have, just make out the ticket for the move then phone in to say you want to keep the web space etc, and you get them.
You can also swap between BBYW product and still stay at 1 month, up or down the scale.
You can also do a swap to the new product and if you find the different limits not to your liking, James B will move you back to BBYW within the first month
mal0z
Grafter

The analogy with the AA etc is interesting - as it does seem no point in being a loyal customer to AA/RAC etc - - but just swap between the various rescue services for the best deal.
Same with insurance etc etc.
Except for the lucky people who can afford a new car with it built into the price.
But having said that - I get the feeling that PN really are just as interested in the existing customers too  Smiley
even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it for some.
I'm encouraged by what we are hearing
atbs1
Grafter

£30Gb for me too.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: mal0z
The analogy with the AA etc is interesting - as it does seem no point in being a loyal customer to AA/RAC etc - - but just swap between the various rescue services for the best deal.

I hope, the analogy between the AA and PN is such that my experience with the AA has been you call them and tell them how much cheaper it is if you sign up as a new customer on their website, they whinge a little, then you tell them how much the RAC want which is less than the AA ask for new customers, then they undercut the RAC by a couple of £.
Lets hope PN will do the same when I need to challenge them.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
mapletree
Grafter

The AA refused to budge on the price despite me pointing out that they are 40% cheaper for new customers so I cancelled.  Normally companies will offer concessions to keep you but not this time.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

When the AA did this to me, I let the policy lapse and then signed up again on the website the next day. There wasn't a problem and I got the introductory price. The following year, before I could sign up again. I got a call telling me thst my policy had lapsed. I told them of my intention and they extende the policy at the introductory price saying that "since I had not called them out in two years, her supervisor had aproved the discount". The gotcha is that they make you agree to automatic renewal so you have to remember to cancel the DD.
I don't us them now because my RBS Bank Account gives me free Green Flag for both cars and International family travel insurance plus a price match less 10% discount on any holiday or travel booking .... for £12-95 a month. I recover about three times the fee every year.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mapletree
My tuppence worth:
12 Months is much too long to tie in existing customers just changing product. 

You might be interested to look at what Be have just done, with little publicity.
They introduced new 12-month contracts (back in April), many existing clients being on a rolling 3 months notice which stays unchanged.
As an incentive new customers get "2 months free" - this may only be quite recent rather than ever since the new contracts arrived.
This offer has been extended (up to the end of this month) to existing users. So, recontract for a 12-month minimum and get 2 months free.
If you intend to stay it's a good deal with the added bonus that after the 12 months is up you're on a rolling 1-month contract, so no 3 months notice if you do have to move.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I have no problem with the offer of incentives to accept new terms and also, I have to day that the change offered is very reasonable, offering the benefit of reversion to a monthly contract after 12 months.
I have a deep rooted fear that PlusNet will adopt the BT practice of Rolling Annual Contracts. I intend to stay on my current product as long as the PRICE and TERMS stay the same. By that time, I hope that either PlusNet wake up to the massive gap in their current Product range OR O2 bring their LLU service to my exchange.
James
Grafter

These concerns have been noted.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thank you James. I know you know ......  Wink
James
Grafter

Can't think how Tongue
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Wheel_nut
I have a deep rooted fear that PlusNet will adopt the BT practice of Rolling Annual Contracts. I intend to stay on my current product as long as the PRICE and TERMS stay the same. By that time, I hope that either PlusNet wake up to the massive gap in their current Product range OR O2 bring their LLU service to my exchange.

Well, apart from 18 months not quite being annual .. I wouldn't put it past them.
Assuming PlusNet haven't been closed down by April 2010, with a simple URL redirect to BT .. I'd be interested to see what they come up with on the next refresh.
mal0z
Grafter

Interesting to see comments here and now those over here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79218.0/ ; Wink
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I wish I could say that I had advance knowledge of the change in Terms but I would be a Liar if I said that.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Now that we have sorted out the major inhibitor to changing Packages, all we need is a good Product worth switching to.
I don't want a product where I pay for a large amount of Data Transfer or one where my low usage is subsidising the heavy users who eat more than they pay for. I also want unthrottled service and am willing to pay a premium rate per GB for that. Being a low usage customer. I don't want a lot of Data Usage included in the Base Product and would rather pay per GN for additionsl usage.
I have aired my thoughts on a Pro-Lite product for some time now .... or if you prefer, the old PayG product with updated pricing. I could gain a lot of referrals from such a product.
Come on PlusNet, now that you have resolved the contractual terms, how about tabling this at your next meeting.  Smiley