Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 weeks since live date and still no Broadband

jonnywishbone
Grafter

2 weeks since live date and still no Broadband

Angry
Has anyone else had problems just getting connected?
I went "live" on the 28th May and still have no broadband. I logged the fault straight away and was told there was a fault on my line, to which a engineer fixed. But guess what, still no broadband! So I logged another fault and after several more engineer visits we have eliminated any faults on my line but still no broadband, furthermore I had to re-log the initial BB fault last Friday and was told to wait the usual 48/72 hours for a response all over again. I haven't heard anything since Sunday evening now and now my patience is running thin.
The thomson router has a steady green light on the dsl/broadband but the internet light goes on and off every 10 seconds or so. Any help or suggestions to get me connected again would be gratefully recieved.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 2 weeks since live date and still no Broadband

Hi jonny,
We've tested this and passed it back to the suppliers for further investigation. As soon as we get any more information on there we'll let you know.
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Matt, still no news. It has been over a week since my fault was re-raised and 2 and half weeks without broadband. I chase and chase and chase but keep getting the same message (basically blaming the supplier). If a engineer visit is likely, as stated in your last ticket update (friday) then a conclusion must have reached and therefore why hasn't this been arranged.
It appears as though the longer my ticket history gets, the more unlikely someone wants to take responsibilty and help me. All throughout not so much as an apology.
What are your SLA's with "your suppliers", and has there been a breach in these or indeed your SLA's with me THE CUSTOMER!!! Angry
If anyone reading this thinks I am being unreasonable or indeed counterproductive then please say so, as my approach to dealing with this hasn't got the job done so far.
I just want broadband - is it so much to ask? (these words will go to my gravestone), hell I may even put this as my signature Tongue
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Looks like the next step is to arrange for an engineer visit to your premises - I'll update your ticket with details, if you could advise when you're free I'll get it booked for you.
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Finally sorted.
Engineer visited the exchange and found that I wasn't even connected to the block (whatever that means).
Anyway, now getting a stable 2.4mbs connection (was only getting 0.99mbs before) and now happy.
Now just waiting for the fttp trial....
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's great news, thanks - glad we were able to get it sorted for you.