Did you mean: 

2 weeks for activation? Why?

FIXED
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: 2 weeks for activation? Why?

Thanks to both @Optimatts and @Skyisgreen 

Reading between the lines, I think you have been lucky here and gotten someone to enable you early, who didn't follow procedures.

I guess what PlusNet are saying, is if you have any issues then they're going to have problems raising a fault when you still have an open order on your line which techically hasn't been completed yet. PlusNet can correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully that won't happen to you and you'll be fine.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

That's exactly right @Alex

I don't want @Skyisgreen thinking I was unwilling to activate the account early to cause a delay on purpose.

We've got compliance processes to follow which (and I'll be totally honest here) I wasn't willing to break.

Secondly, in terms of customer experience if something had gone wrong, I'd hate to be responsible for any complications that arose.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If the compliance processes can take a week then that is where any criticism should be directed and improved upon.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Baldrick1,

It isn't the compliance process that can take a week per say. The compliance process follows that we should not be activating accounts prematurely before the order has completed on the supplier side.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Optimatts 

Sorry Matt, I wasn't having a go at Plusnet. I understand what you say about the process and worded my post badly. I can see that the delay is  caused by the time delay between BT finishing their work and the job completion being reported to Plusnet,.

It would be reasonable to expect that the BT technician would tap into his hand held gizmo reporting that he had activated the service and the rest would be an automatic flag to yourself.  But maybe I am just dreaming of a logical and efficient way that this could work....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @Baldrick1, technically speaking, in this case the engineer had not yet been out.

The phone line had been enabled rather quickly by automation as it was only a start of stopped line. The line synced up straight away and the broadband line (in this case) was active to use.

Even if there's sync, sometimes the line might not be configured properly and problems can occur. By activating the account prematurely there's no way we can be certain the line will auth. Leaving us in the awkward spot of activating the billing process but not having a service coming to the customer and still having to wait for the order to complete.

In this case @Skyisgreen was lucky that it did sync and auth, but I would never recommend this as a shortcut.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Wouldn't surprise if the compliance rules were part of those intended to prevent slamming.