Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 payments taken

Couger
Grafter

2 payments taken

tut tut
Thought id let fellow customers know ive just checked my bank and plusnet have taken this months payment twice
Great cheers plusnet im £20 down for 5 days thankyou very much
Angry
25 REPLIES 25
Emma
Grafter

Re: 2 payments taken

Im sorry that this has happened, there was an error with the billing and I can assure you that as long as you send us some proof of the double billing (i.e. scan of bank statement, screen print of statement) we can arrange for the amount to be refunded. If you can raise a ticket and attach the statment it will go straight to the finance department.
Please accept my apologies again.
itsme
Grafter

If PN has no record of the double billing I personally would not supply copies of bank statements to PN but contact the bank for them to correct the double payment.
Couger
Grafter

hold up
I was told this morning that money would be refunded automatically......
Now your telling me to send bank statement
Nah aint happening ill contact my bank and tell its a unautorised transaction and let them rasie a fraud case as its money taken without consent....
Emma
Grafter

As far as I am aware we do not have any records of the double billing which is why we need to check with the processing company and cross reference. We do not need personal details on the statement. Also I believe it was just payments taken on the 18th.
thanks
Couger
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Poor form that the customer has to mess about to get a refund.
PN have the records of payments taken in their database - it won't take much effort to get a developer to whack together a quick script to validate the records and ensure that each customer has only been charged once.
If it were me that had been charged twice, I'd expect the first response to mention compensation in some form for the act of taking the money twice, plus something to compensate for the work that you are asking me to do to show you that you've been silly, plus some sort of goodwill measure too.
(ie - we are really sorry, we'll refund the sum taken incorrectly, plus the amount taken correctly by way of apology, your billing cycle will return to normal next month.)
[me=James_H]goes to check my bank account....[/me]

Couldnt agree more James this is unthinkably bad on plusnets part, to be honest im now short for the next week as i said before cheers plusnet ill be changing to direct debit next month and removing card details because at least then if you take more than your entitled to I can then instruct my bank to claw it back
One cheesed PN customer Sad
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You are able to go to your bank and instruct them to repay you immediately under the terms of the DD Guarantee.
The bank will prevaricate a lot though.
This way it becomes the Banks problem.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Emma
Grafter

Hi if you've already been in touch with someone it was not made clear in your first message. I gave you information regarding this based on what you told us in the original message. If customer services have told you that then it will be done.
I'm sorry for any confusion.
itsme
Grafter

So the problem could be at the bank? Therefore the best course of action is for the OP to contact his bank?
Couger
Grafter

Quote from: Emma
As far as I am aware we do not have any records of the double billing which is why we need to check with the processing company and cross reference. We do not need personal details on the statement. Also I believe it was just payments taken on the 18th.
thanks

ok so i was lied to this morning, lets get this straight if I never raised this thread then I would never have gotten a refund in 5 days as told by the CS agent this morning....
Couger
Grafter

Quote from: itsme
So the problem could be at the bank? Therefore the best course of action is for the OP to contact his bank?

nope called the bank they said they can only claw back Direct Debits, card payment refunds are better if i go throught he source which is plusnet..
Emma
Grafter

I've never said you've been lied to i said if you've been told this then it will be done, your billing may not be related to this.
I can check your account for you if you wish however I'm not in till later on this evening.
Couger
Grafter

Hi if you've already been in touch with someone it was not made clear in your first message. I gave you information regarding this based on what you told us in the original message. If customer services have told you that then it will be done.
I'm sorry for any confusion.

I've never said you've been lied to i said if you've been told this then it will be done, your billing may not be related to this.
I can check your account for you if you wish however I'm not in till later on this evening.

my username is svenhatch

Can you please check my account is having a refund processed also as james mentioned a good will gesture from plusnet perhaps ....
I was told my account was within the batch of payments taken on the 18th
cheers
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It is unlikely that the bank is in error - however they are have responsiblity for ANY error.
See http://www.financevictims.co.uk/direct-debits/index.htm

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Emma
Grafter

Certainly, I'll check for you after 2pm, I'll see what can be done as well. I hope this will be cleared up for you soon.
thank you