cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 days and no update to my ticket, my connection is now banded to 3mb!

rockfall
Dabbler

2 days and no update to my ticket, my connection is now banded to 3mb!

Hi,
Can someone please explain why BT have throttled my connection even more, i was on a 6656 banded profile now it looks like im on 3mb!.
My connection was fine on asdl max and when i changed to adsl2+ suddenly there's a problem on the line, which BT claim is down to my wiring, seems someone just wants to send an engineer to make some money!
my username is: rockfall
Thanks
Tony
16 REPLIES 16
rockfall
Dabbler

Re: 2 days and no update to my ticket, my connection is now banded to 3mb!

bump
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bumping is against Forum rules and I would expect that there will be no staff on here until next Tuesday
rockfall
Dabbler

pretty useful then!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

No The bump wasn't no, Give them a ring.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
rockfall
Dabbler

"No The bump wasn't no"
Well thankyou for that insightful comment! I'm guessing you're about 12.
If I wanted to phone them then clearly I would have.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Your choice, this forum is not a proper help location but it can get quick results, and is usually only monitored by PN staff during normal office hours,
However the phone in or ticket questions rout is open 24/7, your choice.
Oh and welcome to your first day on the Forum
rockfall
Dabbler

My apologies for bumping and for my comments to Steve.
Plusnet dont seem to be answering tickets either, they must be short staffed.
Oh well.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

No worries Rockfall no harm done, Can tell your a bit miffed, It's why we suggest you give PN a ring now, Bank holiday weekend is here.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
wisewood
Grafter

Quote from: rockfall
...i was on a 6656 banded profile now it looks like im on 3mb!.
My connection was fine on asdl max and when i changed to adsl2+ suddenly there's a problem on the line, which BT claim is down to my wiring, seems someone just wants to send an engineer to make some money!

Almost exactly the same thing has happened to me this week - after many months of decent speed, I switched to adsl2 and now seem to be stuck on a 2.5mb profile ...
GersFans
Grafter

Quote from: TheBishop

Almost exactly the same thing has happened to me this week - after many months of decent speed, I switched to adsl2 and now seem to be stuck on a 2.5mb profile ...

Glad to see I am not the only one, I have went from 9.6mb stable to 4.6 and no doubt its my fault..
jswift909
Grafter

And I went from 11Mbit to a profile of 2.5Mbit - my profile is stuck and despite outstanding tickets - and phoning them several times - they have done absolutely nothing.
My sync speed went down to 3Mbit even tho the DS attainable rate was 6Mbit, and now the DS attainable rate is back to 11Mbit but still my profile is stuck at 2.5Mbit.
It's very poor customer services -- even if the staff in Sheffield are very friendly.    There are clearly too few of them in the faults team, and the Tech. Support team don't have the ability to reset the SNR/Line Profile.
I've been forced to order Vigin and ditch PlusNet purely because of their poor customer service on this issue.  I had the same problems back in March and they took a week to fix it, and I won't put up with poor service every fix months.
On this occasion it's very clear that BT caused this problem - they've been tinkering in South London and quite a few calls here related to people in South London / Kent - all have issues where their speed has dropped massively over the last days and weeks.  I had my Internet cut off by BT for 6 hours whilst they were messing about; this affected a large number of people in South London / Kent.
wisewood
Grafter

Quote from: GersFans
Glad to see I am not the only one, I have went from 9.6mb stable to 4.6 and no doubt its my fault..

My line seems to have recovered a bit since registering a fault. I'm syncing at 6655 with an attainable rate of 10500...my line speed has started the slow crawl back up to match this and is currently at 3000....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rockfall, your banded profile has now been lifted and I have matched the plusnet and BT profiles to 6000 so you should see an immediate difference there. You have had a stable connection for a good day and a half now so it can only get better.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ TheBishop,
I have matched plusnet and BT profile now to a profile of 5500, so you should see an immediate improvement there. If your stability keeps well then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't improve further.
Jojo Smiley