cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 annoying emails from plus net within 7 minutes

Oxslow
Grafter

2 annoying emails from plus net within 7 minutes

I check my mail this morning and I am very annoyed with Plus Net right now.
1st email I get with 1h 19 min until my usage resets and in the past I have set it not to charge me extra if I go over my usage and I never changed it from this. Plus net forget this and decided to charge be £5 for extra 5GB.
2nd email 4 days after I tell them that my problem has been fixed by Jojo  Smiley . (The problem was having the router auto get dns addresses from isp now I have manually added the dns addresses everything is fine.) They acknowledged 3 days before I get the 2nd email and said thanks for letting us know the problem has been fixed.  The have decided to turn interleaving on without asking me to fix my bradband problem. What broadband problem??? I has been fixed and it was nothing to do with interleaving!!!
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 2 annoying emails from plus net within 7 minutes

Hi Oxslow,
Quote from: Oxslow
1st email I get with 1h 19 min until my usage resets and in the past I have set it not to charge me extra if I go over my usage and I never changed it from this. Plus net forget this and decided to charge be £5 for extra 5GB.

This wasn't an error. When you changed your account to Extra last year you didn't reset the maximum spend. This can't be carried over as it's a totally different product. I can see that you have set the limit again this morning, and bearing these things in mind. I will apply a £5.00 discount to next months bill as a gesture of goodwill for that.
The have decided to turn interleaving on without asking me to fix my bradband problem. What broadband problem??? I has been fixed and it was nothing to do with interleaving!!!

This will have been automatically requested when you raised the fault, as the fault was identified as intermittent. I can place an order to have that removed, which should complete tomorrow.
I hope that helps.
Jojo Smiley
Oxslow
Grafter

Thank you very much for your help. I did not realize that I should have applied it again . Sorry that was my fault and thanks for explaining it to me. As it was my fault it was very generous to give me a £5 discount.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well, in 12 months you've not gone over and this time it was only by very little. As you have your limit set now it won't happen again but I can see why you thought you already had it set. Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sorry that was my fault and thanks for explaining it to me.

When you did the change did it tell you that it would remove the usage cap? No it didn't so no way can it be considered to be your fault.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)