cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Microfilters into one telephone socket ?

ossettbob
Grafter

2 Microfilters into one telephone socket ?

I have just received a phone call (which is very good) from the support team. He told me that I could plug in my router later today as I am going live tomorrow. I still want to use my Talktalk system until my phone is switched over. Can I plug 2 microfilters into one telephone socket (i have 2-way telephone adaptor ) ?. That way, I can plug my talktalk old modem into one microfilter and my Plusnet router into the other.
10 REPLIES 10
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: 2 Microfilters into one telephone socket ?

NO!  Crazy
ossettbob
Grafter

Thanks for that. Didn`t want to mess anything up !!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Once our service is live, it's more than likely the TalkTalk broadband won't be available to you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A word of warning
Plugging a Plusnet supplied router into a TalkTalk service can allow the TalkTalk equipment in the exchange to say - look a new router but it is TR069 enabled so we will set it up for TalkTalk
This happened with a Plusnet router I loaned to a friend on TalkTalk as his router was suspect. Not only did it connect automatically but it changed the router login and password and the only way I could get access when I got it back  was to do a hard reset
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: HPsauce
NO!  Crazy

I had a set-up like this for five years or more:  dect telephone and dial-up usb modem in one filter; printer fax and built-in soft modem in another;  filters connected to a telephone splitter/adaptor.
What problems should I have noticed, but didn't?  Cheesy
Chris
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

It's totally different with a dial-up modem, with DSL you connect with equipment at the exchange and only one router can be connected on a given line at a time.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Makes sense ... thanks!
Devonian
Grafter

I agree with Oldjim.
When I had my brief moment of service with talktalk, on migration day I was at work, when I left I was connected to PN, when I got home, I was still connected to PN... I thought, as my router was still connected.
I switched on the latop, I had an internet connection.
I checked the router stats, it said I was still connected to PN and the PN login/password were still saved to my router..
I run a speed test, and I was getting a completely different profile reported.
I was connected to talktalk, but via my router with the PlusNet settings still showing.
How and why?  No idea!!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Because you are hard wired to SilenceSilence equipment in the exchange it connects you without using the login details?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Probably.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.