cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month contracts reduced to 12?

HiroUK
Grafter

18 month contracts reduced to 12?

I can't find it now, but I'm sure I received an email last year about the removal of the 18 month contract, and that it was being reduced to 12 months. I'm not sure now, but I seem to recall it said something about those who had signed up when the 18 month contract was still in use had this reduced to 12 months as well, rather than it just being applicable to new customers. Am I right?
The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of migrating away before my contract finishes, which will be June this year if I am now on a 12 month contract and not an 18 month one, which will mean I have less to pay for doing so.
7 REPLIES 7
coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: 18 month contracts reduced to 12?

I think you'll find that provided you have no outstanding amounts on hardware purchases. your contract will now only be for 10 days,
Check out this thread:
10 day contract
HiroUK
Grafter

Isn't that about giving 10 days notification if cancelling your contract, which was reduced from 30 days?
I'm not cancelling it, I want to migrate away early. What I need to know is, when the 18 month contract was reduced to 12, did I read right that those who signed up when the 18 months was in use had this reduced to 12, meaning mine would be up in June this year rather than December?
I'm prepared to pay any outstanding months for leaving early, but need to know if this will be only 4 or will it be 10.

ADDENDUM: I've switched browser because I had a feeling I wasn't seeing everything. I've just read the bit at the bottom of jelv's post. Now this I wasn't notified about, only that 18 month contracts were being reduced to 12.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Log in to your Member Centre and look at your Account. Ignore the Cancellation charge of £25 which doesn't apply if you are migrating away. Any "Deferred" charges for Router or Connection will be shown there and these are payable if you leave before the date shown.
Other than that, your contract can be terminated with 10 days notice befor your migration date.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Check out this thread for confirmation:
September Terms and Conditions Update
HiroUK
Grafter

Thanks muchly. Looks to be just the Deferred Setup of £30.00 that would be due then.
I hadn't got a clue this had happened as I've received not email regarding it. Going through my in-box the only emails I've had are the usual advance notice of payments being taken, one about me exceeding my usage and one on 14 December 2009 about VAT going back up.
HiroUK
Grafter

I should have checked the 'No-contract option' link on the main residential page.
http://www.plus.net/residential/homepage_plusnet_no-contract.html?height=310&width=600
Alternatively, take a 12 month contract and you'll only be charged for your setup and router if you leave within 12 months of signing up.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
We sent out notifications in September of last year, explaining the terms and conditions were changing.
Basically, unless you've taken deferred setup or hardware all contracts are now 10 days, if you've got deferred charges these apply if you leave inside the first 12 months.