cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 days to connect to the internet??? Surely Not..

jammyd

18 days to connect to the internet??? Surely Not..

When I signed up with Plusnet on 17th December, after finding out my son was having a gift from someone that needed internet access, I was assured that it would be about a week to connect up and the main issue could be the postal service getting the router delivered. I have now been informed that the phone line has been sorted, the router is sat here waiting and Plusnet want us to wait another 7 days to switch it on at their end - when my son is back to school....!?? Cry
Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? Realistically I hadn't expected the 7 day turn around due to the extra 2 days bank holiday but I think 18 days is really pushing it when that was one of the main reasons I had gone with them so that it could happen quickly and everything they need to make it live has arrived.....
Please help from a Mum and a very sad little boy..
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 18 days to connect to the internet??? Surely Not..

Hi jammyd,
The order's in place. We can often get it up and running sooner if the broadband light goes solid on the router, so keep an eye on that and either post here in office hours or call support out of hours if it goes solid and we should be able to get it going for you.
Jojo Smiley
jammyd

Great news - thanks JoJo - such a shame the help desk customer service agent didn't give me the same information when I asked this morning else I could have had a go first thing.
Green light for broadband is solid, connected with PC ok  all that remains now is to gain internet access, currently have error code - HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required - what would be your recommendation for me to do or is this something that needs to be done at your end?
Many thanks
J and a slightly more cheerful little boy  Smiley
Nemesis
Dabbler

jammyd think your out of office hours now so dont know if jojo will reply. Prob's best to phone them and have the account created and connected
jammyd

Ah ok - thankyou just that all the sales offices close at 5.30 so /i had assumed the same for the customer support area too. Calling now so fingers crossed.
jammyd

What a waste of time  Angry Have called customer services and it is still 5th January but I can start getting charged now in case it 'happens' to come on sooner - come on guys - you have gone from being my top pick to being someone I wouldn't recommend at the moment.....
Lets hope things improve..
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Have called customer services and it is still 5th January but I can start getting charged now in case it 'happens' to come on sooner - come on guys

In order for your internet to work PlusNet need to activate the account at their end. Once that happens then your account charging period starts. Normally they only activate the account once BT confirm that all the work is done at their end. If your BB light is on then BT have done some of the work BUT maybe not all of it yet. PlusNet WILL activate your account if you ask BUT they will then charge you from that date, its your call...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jammyd

Thanks Mister W, made the call and took the gamble, they activated me with several doom and gloom warnings and guess what? I am live so no need to wait until 5th January thank the lord. Good job this forum exists with people like you and JoJo to help otherwise I would be sat like a mug waiting until 5th when it was all ready to rock and roll.
Shall definately use forum again - best part of plusnet service to date.