cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17KBs down 5KBs up!

bodOrange
Dabbler

17KBs down 5KBs up!

Since first thing this morning I have seen a massive drop in speed.  My modem is syncing at its usual rate (3.5Mbs), attenuation etc is normal.
I have disconnected and rebooted the modem (vigor 100) and the router (Buffalo HP 54G) to no avail.
My speeds are a consistent 125Kbps down and 27Kbps up (according to speed test linked to from portal).
I have seen the usenet post re off peak speeds and issues with low priority traffic however  I am seeing low thruput on all protocols.
Are there any current issues that may be affecting me?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: 17KBs down 5KBs up!

I bet you've been subjected to BT Wholesale's Dynamic Line Management and your IP profile's been lowered.
What does a BT Speedtest say?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

In fact, it looks like you've hit the usage allowance for your Broadband Plus product. Your billing date is tomorrow so your restrictions will be removed them.
It might be worth looking into the newer range of products we offer to see if they are more suitable, the main point to remember is that the peak times run from 8am-Midnight on the new products.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bodOrange
Dabbler

Thanks Chris & Bob.
Sorry about that I should have checked more carefully.  I did view my usage but for some reason I thought peak limit was greater than 4GB.  Has the peak allowance been amended for BB+?
Anyway thanks for the quick responses.
See you back in nntp:plusnet.service.customer-feedback 😉