cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 year customer let down by 1GB

jaz4

10 year customer let down by 1GB

Well after over 10 years with force 9 and plusnet, I went over my 4Gb allowance by 1 Gb and been crippled with download speeds of lss than 0.1mbs during peak times.
I thoght it was the internet connection only to be told I had gone over my 4 gb peak allowance.
I had origionally signed with force 9 with unlimited and whan plus net took over some 5 years ago they added the restriction limit. I normally use 4 gb in total so a small user, however this month had gone over and they crippled me.
I did not know this, no email nothing, but slow peak tiem web, until over a week later when they informed me of my error. I am half way in my current month but they could not do anything until next bill when I coud change account to 80Gb. Nothing, nada. so 10 years paying over the odds for an account I get hit over easter and they can not do anything.
So Im going to talk talk with unlimited broadband (not 80Gb limit) unlimited calls fee modem wifi N. they could offer me weekends, 80Gb limit and I need to pay £6.00 deliveru on the modem. After 10 years ad 1 GB over they have forced me to find an alternative, and I have found a better one, and will be switching in 15 days.
Custoemr service, what customers srevice, it took a week for them to identify why they ahd shut me down to 0.1mbs, asfter I had moved the modem to the trest socket and rewired my wired lan to it.
Not at all happy so will be glad to move ot a cheaper unresticeted supplier.
All for 1 GB
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: 10 year customer let down by 1GB

well a sad story but.
Force 9 is still in existence and is in fact still the parent company who founded Plusnet and for marketing reasons the name was changed to Plusnet.  I an on Free-online, another child of F9 and still am, my e-mail address is still free-online as is my Website
As in all that time you can only remember going over 4M once, why do you need Unlimited, you could have changed to Value with 10G and possible cheaper than the one you are going to
Plusnet Value broadband starts at £5.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas  you'll then pay this price every month. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £11.99 a month thereafter.
jaz4

Well its about customer survice I guess.
If I could have moved to say the cheaper £6.00 instead of my current £14.99 4 GB limit when I found the error of my ways then I would have done.
Infact I then looked at the 80GB package for the same price I am paying now but they would not reset my sad 5GB peak times and I have to wait untill the 18th when my bill is reset.
So in that time, I can move to Talk talk with unlimited broadband, new free modem wifi N router and no connection charges. Going live on the 20th.
The fact thet my current BT bill is around £16 per month for the odd calls and free weekends, the £11,49 all in including weekdays all make sense so I am only paying around £10 for the unlimited broadband and never have to pay for landline calls. 7ppm for mobiles of which I can have 16 at 10% discount is an added bonus. Also just found out if I go paperless Ill save another £1.50 a month so only £8.50 for broadband.
I have also for free witheld number, and privacy pack and a free home speed up pack.
So thanks Plusnet for pushing me to look for a great deal, and saving me money of at least £6 per month and allow me to call for free.
Jas 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

From people who have come here from TalTalk, you will get absolutely no customer service, its record is terrible, see you back in about 18 month when your contract is up
win7xp
Grafter

Take some advice from someone who deals with IT support for home adsl users every day.
Avoid Talk Talk like the plague
justin
Dabbler

I wouldn't touch TalkTalk with a barge pole but am think of going to O2. Leaving plusnet for the same reasons as you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just don't touch O2 access as it is terrible unlike the LLU version
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm really sorry we haven't picked this up until today. I realise it may well be too late but we'd be happy to refund the difference between your subscription payments from the time you requested the change (along with any extra usage charges) if that would persuade you to change your mind?
Addnan
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Just don't touch O2 access as it is terrible unlike the LLU version

I have read horror stories about the access. The LLU is perfect though!