JamesM
Grafter

Re: 21CN WBC

Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you using a TG585v7 or 8 router? If so your router stats will include "DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A" after the switch takes place. On 20CN the "5" will be "1" (G.DMT in some routers).
If an order has been placed to move you to 21CN/ADSL2+ you might find a closed ticket/service notice on your account giving completion date.
I assume the speeds you mentioned are download speed measurements since Jojo previously mentioned your sync speed was 7616kbps. Once migrated your sync speed should increase to well over 10000kbps but it might be a day or so before you see any benefit on speed tests.
David
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think you can safely assume you are still on 20CN/maxADSL. With those stats you should see considerable benefit from ADSL2+, sync speed significantly above 15000kbps (might even start with a 2 on a good day). On switch-over day your connection will drop for around 5 minutes while jumpers are moved in the exchange (from DSLAM to MSAN). When sync is regained you should see the higher sync speed (should be no need to restart the router yourself). Based on my experience there might be a couple of "un-commanded" restarts during the first day.
I'd wait 3 or 4 days before restarting the router yourself, and suggest you disconnect from Plusnet (using the router's web interface) before you restart.
If an order has been placed to move you to 21CN, you should find a closed ticket recording when the order was placed, and a closed service notice giving completion date when BT provide this. To view closed tickets you need to click the "Go" button in the Help Assistant. You need to look for these, probably won't get any notification.
David
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The work will probably be done the previous day, but that could be at any time up to midnight. Unless you are actually using the connection at the time you probably won't notice the change. Check sync speed to see if it has been done, speed tests might not show any benefit for a day or so.
Has Current line speed in the Member Centre been increased already to match the new speed estimate?
David
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

That's OK. Just reinforces the comment I made about speedtests not immediately reflecting the increased sync speed. It might take a day for the 21CN DLM to set an IP Profile and pass that onto Plusnet. Only after both values are updated will you see higher speeds.
David
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JamesM,
You will get some strange things happening during the 10 day period, so don't read too much into that for now. The reason the current line speed was 21000 is because that is the default setting on our systems after an upgrade to 21CN. This is just to make sure you get as much as you can. Once the sync rate stabilises and we get our first delta report from BT this is then set according to your sync and IP profile, so that' whay it changed.
Jojo Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I hadn't realised when making my original comments on the ADSL2+ speeds you were likely to see that the router reversed labelling of output power and attenuation. What you see now is not inconsistent with the attenuation correctly interpreted.
This is not important but I think the router has also reversed reporting of downstream and upstream output power. The 19.8dBm value should be under downstream.
David
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
JamesM
Grafter

Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend

The values are correctly scaled and reported on the right line now. I reckon the downstream and upstream output power values are reversed, but this is nothing to worry about - sync speed will not be affected.
I think the connection needs to be left alone for a few days now, give the DLM a chance to make "training" changes if it wants to.
David