cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

Trevstan
Grafter

Re: Pricing/Terms changes - October 2013

The cost of our monthly line rental with inclusive Evening and Weekend calls is increasing to £14.99 a month. Alternatively, you can switch to our new monthly line rental, with inclusive Weekend calls, for £14.50 a month.
Taken from the email that i received ^
So if i do nothing i will still get my evening/weekend calls and i will see a £1 increase on my bill? As this is when the phone is mainly used on an evening.
Also will i see an increase anytime soon? Or will it just roll on as long as i don't change my calling product? Because currently if a new customer would want evening and weekend calls they would have too pay £1.50 addon plus £14.50 line rental = £16.00 instead of the £14.99 i'll be paying.
If so atm your still best value for 80/20 unlimited fibre £19.99 and line rental £14.99 (= £34.98 total) for me... Although i don't agree with the price hike during a contract like many people in here.
Thanks.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: scoobydoo1
Quote from: newagetraveller
Someone on Moneysavingexpert has reported a success in receiving a pro-rata LRS refund when advising they weren't prepared to accept their contract change.
Scroll down to post 112.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4730921&page=6

VERY intresting indeed, plusnet care to comment on this? or are they keeping tight lipped in the hope no one would bother to complain about this and getting a partial refund on line rental saver?

The terms of the Line Rental Saver product state that the any advance payment is non-refundable. This is still the case irrespective of what an individual customer may have arranged after contacting our support centre.
Quote from: Trevstan
The cost of our monthly line rental with inclusive Evening and Weekend calls is increasing to £14.99 a month. Alternatively, you can switch to our new monthly line rental, with inclusive Weekend calls, for £14.50 a month.
Taken from the email that i received ^
So if i do nothing i will still get my evening/weekend calls and i will see a £1 increase on my bill?

Yes, that's right.
Quote from: Trevstan
Also will i see an increase anytime soon? Or will it just roll on as long as i don't change my calling product?

Well there's nothing in the immediate future planned although obviously I can't rule out any further price increases full stop.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: newagetraveller
Someone on Moneysavingexpert has reported a success in receiving a pro-rata LRS refund when advising they weren't prepared to accept their contract change.
Scroll down to post 112.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4730921&page=6

well at least we now know the above is true, read below, how can they justify giving a refund to one person and then saying its an exception and not allow others to request the same? even tho his first line CLEARLY says "Our Line Rental Saver product is non-refundable" lol
[QUOTE=Plusnet company representative;62911026]Hi,
I stand by my earlier comments. Our Line Rental Saver product is non-refundable as stated in the terms you've quoted.
The agreement robot1000 came to was an exception that was arranged through contact with our support centre.
Bob Pullen
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
The terms of the Line Rental Saver product state that the any advance payment is non-refundable. This is still the case irrespective of what an individual customer may have arranged after contacting our support centre.

how can you possibly come out and make a statement like that if you have already confirmed you have refunded this person?
is it one rule for 1 and another for others? because he made an offical complaint?
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Individual agreements are probably being made because plusnet do not want to put any unfair terms in their contract to the test.
Contrary to what you are told here contracts are not meant to be one sided and certainly not set in stone from a consumers point of view.
From the OFT
Test of fairness
A term is unfair if:
    Contrary to the requirement of good faith it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations under the contract, to the detriment of consumers.
    'Good faith' means that you must deal fairly and openly with consumers. Standard terms may be drafted to protect commercial needs but must also take account of the interests and rights of consumers by going no further than is necessary to protect those legitimate commercial interests.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Our position is legally sound.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scoobydoo1
Grafter

if thats true then why did plusnet refund the person mentioned above, if you were "legally sound" as you put it , then no refund would have been given to the other person would it not?
you cannot refund one person and turn around to others asking the exact same and refuse them,
you clearly gave a refund once this person raised a complaint against you,
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

But morally weak.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

I've been taken to court several times by people who believed their position was legally sound, only for them to be proved wrong and have to pay my costs.   Huh
simonj
Dabbler

I have decided to move to another provider due to the price hike.
I am just a bit unclear about the terms of the notice period I need to give to avoid paying an additional charge.
The email states
"We'll be increasing the notice period you need to give before leaving us from 10 days to 14 days. This means that if you are thinking of leaving, you'll need to let us know 14 days in advance of doing so. If you choose not to give this notice, please be aware that you might be subject to additional charges on your final bill. "
So if I sent an email today stating that I will be leaving, will I have to wait 14 days before I sign up with another provider? Or does the 14 days cover up to the point I have left PlusNet and connected to another provider's broadband?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you sent an email saying you are leaving it will be ignored - you either have to phone or write asking for a MAC and the notice period starts when the MAC is requested
mt3691

I have received the email and rang yesterday to discuss leaving but the person I spoke to offered me a deal worse than that offered on my email to stay with PN!!!
I asked for my MAC code as I told him that Sky were offering unlimited fibre free for 6 months with line rental of £14.50 and no charge for caller display (plus £125 cashback through Quidco) . I was then told i would have to pay fees for leaving early as my 12 month contract is not due to expire until November!!! I pointed out that as PN were changing their contract terms i was (according to their own email) entitled to terminate without charge to which he then admiited i was right and would have nothing to pay.
I received by email my mac code the next day in which i was told i would have to pay £119 for leaving early!!!
I'm afraid that PN can sing for this and they have now lost another customer to Sky due to the shoddy way this whole episode has been handled.
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

At 14:21:41 on 21-08-2013 ticket number 169796943 was added to my account telling me that you intended to put the price of my broadband up.
As of the the time of this reply, over a day later, I have not received an email notifying me of this change.
In Plusnet's legal opinion - which we all know is sound - which date will take precedence for the start of my 10 days, the date of the email which has not arrived and may never arrive - or the date on the ticket stuck on my account?

Edit - Plusnet will be relieved to know that the email arrived after I had posted this reply at 18:59 this evening (my computer receipt time). Still leaves the question of what is the effective date and time of the notification
I get no special offers so clearly marked down as a troublemaker!
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My line is due to switch over to BT on 20th September 2013 (it may be earlier according to BT)
please make a note of this Plusnet, and I have used my mac code
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Oh the irony of people leaving Plusnet to join BT. Talk about frying pans and fire Smiley