cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

*21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

Hi folks,
Please remember, this is for 21CN only
I need to find as many examples of this in order to get to the bottom of it. So, if you do think this is the case then please just post something like, "I've had a sync of xxxx for x days and the PN profile doesn't appear to have changed.
I contemplated looking through the 88.2% thread  but there's so much other stuff I thought I'd start this for that specific reason. With that in mind please don't use this thread to talk about the wheres and whyfores. I just want examples. If I have to trail through all sorts of conversations and questions it'll very frustrating and take much longer to sort.
Thank you all very much for your help and patience.

Jojo Smiley
906 REPLIES 906
daveg6hni
Grafter

Re: *21CN ONLY* Do you think your PN profile is not updating as it should?

Possibly,
I do also have sync & speed issues at present and I can no longer sync at the same rate as I did last year, but my profile does not appear to increase when my line improves, even after several weeks.
I currently hace a fault ticket raised with PN and a stuck IP profile is one of my issues.
Hope this helps.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Mine is Sync: 15588K BT IP:13753K PN IP: 13.6Mb ongoing for 8 days with no changes on PN IP
dfunked
Grafter

I've been synced at a tiny bit under 4088 for over 7 days now and plusnet's speed of 3.6 is spot on by my calculations... However it took around 2 days for the plusnet current line speed to catch up (account username is Teaser in case you need to look into it further)
Grafter

Following repair to internal wiring the other day, my sync has gone from 11+M to 13+M. This is reflected in BT profile in BT Speedtester but PN profile seemes stuck at 10.1M.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

Jojo - I don't know how recent the examples need to be, but on 12 December you upped my profile from 4.5 to 5.5 after it had not followed the BT profile after 9 days. The BT profile then went up again to 6487 and on 13 December one of your colleagues raised the PN profile to 6.4, as it still hadn't followed the BT one after 7 days.
Incidentally, 5 or 6 days ago when my BT profile dropped back slightly to 6000, my PN connection speed dropped back to 6.0 almost immediately!!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

i have removed a post which didn't help Jojo sort the problem.
Please note
Quote from: Joanne
I need to find as many examples of this in order to get to the bottom of it. So, if you do think this is the case then please just post something like, "I've had a sync of xxxx for x days and the PN profile doesn't appear to have changed.

General gripes and unspecific posts will be removed without further notice or warning
Bobsta
Grafter

Hi JoJo,
Yup, I was one of these. Sync improved but PN profile stuck at 7150kbps. Question #50547226 should have everything you need to know.
Cheers,
Bobsta
geoffa
Grafter

Hi Jojo
You already have my details from a few days ago but I thought I should respond here for completeness.
waltdav
Grafter

Hi JoJo,
Just another example for your list.
My 21CN line resync'd of its own accord on 5th January.  The sync speed was 14973 / 444 and it has remained so, uninterrupted, ever since.  The BT IP Profile immediately set itself to 13210 kbps, but the PN Profile remained at 11.5 Mbps until I reported it on this forum at 1 pm on 10th January.  Adam gave it a manual "nudge" within half an hour and it has been fine ever since.
Many thanks,
Walt (User: waltd)
MrC
Grafter

Possibly mine as since moving onto 21CN my PN profile hasn't budged from it's initial 2.5Mbps.
I've restarted the modem a few times to see if the profile speed adjusts to the sync speed and often get a sync speed <2.5Mbps (ie lower than the PN profile) if I leave the SNR margin as negotiated at around 15dB, or as high as 4Mbps if I modify the SNR margin. The profile doesn't change though.
Ideally with all the farting around I'd like to reset the BT SNR margin negotiation as well as the PN profile and let things re-normalise (Userid: duncodin).
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks guys,
I'll be looking into the examples you give me to make sure there's no other reasons before I submit them. Thanks for your help, though. please bear in mind that it's not something I'll be able to get to the bottom of immediately, so please bear with me in the knowledge that I will be doing everything I can and I will report back as soon as I have more info - so no need to nudge me on this one Wink
Jojo Smiley
WWWombat
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
Good timing - I was about to post about this!
I have an ADSL 21CN account as well as our main fibre one - change the last letter of the account name to "m" to get to the 21CN account.
Sync Range Since 29/12: 13.3Mbps - 14.8Mbps, depending on router that was plugged in.
Current Sync: 14887
Current IP Profile on BT Speedtester: 13134
Current Profile on Plusnet: 7.15 Mbps
Current Speed on BT Speedtester: 6296 Kbps
Current Speed on Speedtest.net: 6.8 Mbps
The PN profile seems to have taken a 20CN default, and never been updated.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi WWWombat,
I've dropped a ticket to that account now.
Jojo Smiley
disfroot
Rising Star

see my posts here
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99689.msg844402.html#msg844402
my profile was stuck at what looked suspiciously like the max sync for an ADSL 1 connection for weeks, despite me having high ADSL2+ sync rates throughout the period.
Plusnet claimed that they were unable to do anything about this outside the fault reporting channel.