Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed

FIXED
Notoriousxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Upload speed

I would like a Plusnet Team member to check my settings as PlanetX advised if possible. I can't find the BBEU number to check whether you have enabled the correct upload speed.

I can't find any live chat or email address to contact. Sad
Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I am using the router that came with the package. Plusnet Hub Two FTTP.

I have also just re checked my email and it states:

At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:
Download: 145 - 160Mb
Upload: 27 - 30Mb
Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 80Mb

Maximum download speed: 160Mb, Maximum upload speed: 30Mb, Minimum upload speed: 27Mb

I'm not even getting 27Mb... Just 20. Very great start.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Notoriousxx 

Using a WIRED Ethernet connection, can you run this test - https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat 

When completed, where it says "Share your results:", on the right hand side press the <Copy> button

and then reply here and <Paste> the link.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I will do this when I'm back home Friday and let you know. Thanks for trying to help with this. Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

How confident are you that your PC can send data faster than 20mbps?

What else might be making concurrent use of the connection - for example Cloud back up activity?  There can be a lot which is going on which is not entirely visible.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Pretty confident. It is a gaming PC. My PC at my Mum's place which is on a different network, and she gets 400mbps download, and 40mbps upload and I get the full 40 upload at hers.

I do not have cloud backup, or any form of background sync enabled on my PC. I turn all that off as I don't need unnecessary services running when I game.

I also spoke with PN CS. They claim they have made 'adjustments' to my account and that I should test tonight. We will see. They didn't provide my BBEU though but assured me my upload is set to 30.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@Notoriousxx, do you happen to have a static IP address?

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

No, it's DHCP.
corringham
Seasoned Champion

OK, just wondered as if the upload is being capped somewhere it will either be Openreach kit or for static IPs Plusnet's tunnel, but a dynamic address should rule that out. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

The question referred to the Router's external address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Well it would be whatever Plusnet configured as I haven't touched any router settings and shouldn't have to either. It should just work.
corringham
Seasoned Champion

Just to explain my question a bit more, it is possible to pay extra for a static IP address which then allows you to connect to some home devices from outside your home. Some people have a static IP so they can run servers or access cameras etc. 

Having a static IP changes the route that your connection takes through the OR and Plusnet networks, so different behaviour can occur, and similar problems can have different causes.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I see, my mistake. I thought you were referring to my PCs IP details just because of the previous post about my PC. Haha. Smiley

I don't need to access my PC outside of my home so wouldn't have a static ip configured anyway, I don't think. Where can I check this? On the router?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

You won't have a static IP unless youve specifically requested ( and paid for ) one!. I would think you would remember requesting it if you had.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I haven't requested it in that case. I'm not sure what is going on then.

I have been sat right next to the router connected wired and it's still 20 upload. Using several devices, 2 laptops and PC, all of which can get 40 upload at my Mum's house.