cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It just gets worse

doug82
Hooked

It just gets worse

I am trying to create a post where emails are being flagged as false positives by Plusnet when both Microsoft and Google identify the emails as NOT spam!
I have 2 evidence files, one is a text file, the other a pdf file. When I add them to the post, I get the error message that the file type does not match the contents. I try many times and then, when I try each file individually I am then accused of flood posting - i.e. more than 1 post in 3600 seconds..
Well, I only need 1 successful post!!!!!!!!

Time to perhaps move away from Plusnet for emails as it is clear that their systems are not fit for purpose!!

I have used Plusnet since the early 90's and they were very good until BT took over!

16 REPLIES 16
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: It just gets worse

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

You have proof, @Gel ? Please share.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@doug82 wrote:

I am trying to create a post where emails are being flagged as false positives by Plusnet when both Microsoft and Google identify the emails as NOT spam!

Time to perhaps move away from Plusnet for emails as it is clear that their systems are not fit for purpose!!

I have used Plusnet since the early 90's and they were very good until BT took over!

It is a tad presumptuous that the other services are right and Plusnet is wrong - we see a good deal of issues around here of Gmail getting things very wrong, identifying email as spam when it is clearly not.  Occasionally we see issues with Outlook.com too.

Plusnet's spam platform is provided by Cloudmark, which is a widely used and respected platform - that is not to suggest that it is never wrong, but it is not Plusnet's in the manner you infer.

How does your difficulty with posting to the forums make the email service not fit for purpose?  All that you really need to post are the email headers from the non-delivery report with the left side of the email addresses munged.

I would agree that functionality and support has changed greatly under BT's "management", but that "Is what it is".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 516

@doug82 

There are certain limits to file size and type;

Maximum files per post: 9
Maximum size per file: 21MB
Accepted filetypes: jpg,gif,png,jpeg,pdf,csv,txt,doc

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

doug82
Hooked

Yep, I saw that message and fully complied....
What I don't understand is why I was blocked trying to post just the one post and kept getting rejected because of invalid file type - when the files were absolutely fine.....

doug82
Hooked

I am fully aware of Cloudmark having used their products in the past when I was responsible for the IT infrastructure of a european company.

I am also fully aware of how probabilities of a message being spam having been involved with people and companies when they have incorrectly had their domains or their IP addresses being blocked by spamhaus etc.

The messages that I am sending are NOT spam and there is no reason why they should be considered so as the messages are being sent through fully authenticated tier 1 mail servers. 

Lastly, the message headers have been passed to the azureweb and the google analysers and they have both found the messages to be NOT spam!

So, my messages are false positives and I have been unable to upload them and make my post because of the poor quality of this forum.
So, nothing presumptuous here - just many years experience and some common sense.

Perhaps it is presumptuous to assume that both Microsoft and Google must be wrong - I very much doubt that they both are!

doug82
Hooked

Oh dear, trying to post just the pdf copy of the plusnet email gives me this again!

What a load of.......

jab1
Legend

Just out of curiosity, was that on your first attempt?

John
doug82
Hooked

No, second...
The first time it told me that the file type was invalid.
But it is not.

I would expect to be able to keep trying to post a single message until the errors go away.... and then, once posted, I would expect to be rejected if I tried again!
Does that make sense?

I will now try and post the text file of the message header when message sent successfully.

jab1
Legend

It makes a bit of sense, but I don't know how the PN implementation of Cloudmark works. To be honest I don't understand why you are getting the 'wrong file type' message - something for @Townman , I think, as I don't know the PN mail system as well as him.

John
doug82
Hooked

Thank you...

Will look to move to a more efficient and reliable platform - probably outlook.com or gmail.com...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@jab1 wrote:It makes a bit of sense, but I don't know how the PN implementation of Cloudmark works. To be honest I don't understand why you are getting the 'wrong file type' message - something for @Townman , I think, as I don't know the PN mail system as well as him.

This is not an email issue, but I guess and issue attaching a file to a forum post as below...

EDIT: Simple PDF file attached successfully, so there is no obvious issue with the forum platform.  I did though note that the forum service ran a virus scan first ... I wonder if that is where it is failing for @doug82 ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

OK - but as the OP 'is looking to move to a more efficient platform for email' - I'm outa here. 😀

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Email to Community Site Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still