cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi logo appears briefly (Win 11), then disappears and is replaced by globe with no entry sign on

theboabmeister

WiFi logo appears briefly (Win 11), then disappears and is replaced by globe with no entry sign on

Ever since I had PlusNet on May 1st, I've had a problem with my PC.  It connects to PlusNet WiFi, but then the globe icon appears bottom left on Windows 11.  I can browse the internet, but Windows Updates, Spotify and Microsoft Outlook all think it is offline.

I'm tearing my hair out as I think there is some sort of DNS problem occurring here.  Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  I've tried everything, resetting the network adapters, registry entries, stopping/starting services, changing from DHCP to static IP etc.

Can anyone help?  Machine used to be find with Virgin Media beforehand and now will not work with PlusNet.

Also, I'm a bit peeved I cannot have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz split.  That could be a deal breaker.

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: WiFi logo appears briefly (Win 11), then disappears and is replaced by globe with no entry sign

@theboabmeister   have you looked in the network settings and changed the PN network from public to private?

theboabmeister

Re: WiFi logo appears briefly (Win 11), then disappears and is replaced by globe with no entry sign

I can check this again, is it against the adapter?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

No, you can see it in Network and Internet - just type that in the search box.or right click on the wireless symbol at the bottom right bit of the screen.

theboabmeister

Unfortunately this option isn't there, and I think this is problem, it thinks it's permanently on a private network. It's something to do with the default gateway and NLA service