Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer ,No updates on order after contacting customer support

FIXED
laurentait20
Hooked

New customer ,No updates on order after contacting customer support

Hi I placed an order on the 21st of April had no updates called customer services there was an issue, got told that was fixed and would receive email shortly confirming go live and sending or new router, that was 3 days ago now only emails I have received is about adding a second name to the account to deal with the account which was done by me, starting to get frustrated as my internet to my old provider wasn't paid due to the timing of the switch. The original go live date was supposed to be the 7th of may and still nothing to tell me what is going on with my account, and now I have no internet at all due to this fact and will either have to pay for a month with the with my old provider due to Plusnet lack of communication
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 408

Re: New customer ,No updates on order after contacting customer support

starting to get frustrated as my internet to my old provider wasn't paid due to the timing of the switch. The original go live date was supposed to be the 7th of may and still nothing to tell me what is going on with my account, and now I have no internet at all due to this fact and will either have to pay for a month with the with my old provider due to Plusnet lack of communication 

@laurentait20 Im a little confused, your old provider should continue your internet until the Plusnet takeover happens. They will then send a final bill.

That is as long as you didnt cancel directly with the old supplier ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laurentait20
Hooked

My current internet supplier contacted me to tell me I'd missed a payment my start date was supposed to be the 7th with Plusnet which would have coincided with the end of my internet with EE due to the issue that was on the account none of the switchover has happened from what I'm assuming, the updates from Plusnet has been next to nothing, on the call to customer services they said everything was sorted and we would receive emails shortly with updates that was days ago and still nothing not even the customer portal has any information on what's happening, internet was switched off half an hour after I made the original post, safe to say the lack of communication from Plusnet has caused us to maybe think about cancelling before we've even began.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 408

@laurentait20 that sounds like EE might have put a cease on the line which will prevent Plusnet (or any other ISP) placing an order.

That doesnt excuse the lack of communication although we have seen automated emails sometimes not get delivered.

If you login to your account at https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login and then goto the url https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and then look at 'Closed questions in the last 30 days' that should give a list of automated events on your account. View each of those and see if there's any further infomation as to what is happening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

laurentait20
Hooked

The page you linked says they are waiting on suppliers, any further information on this would be appreciated, thanks for the help and your time as it's helped us know that something has been started to get done about the issue
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Fix

Hi @laurentait20 I'm sorry that you're still waiting for an activation date. I've got this chased with the Suppliers and you should get an email confirmation within the next 48 hours with a date when we can take you live.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
laurentait20
Hooked

thanks, we had to pay for another month with EE to keep us going, for now. will this be compensated for as we are now out of pocket due to the delays 

laurentait20
Hooked

we now have a go live date, safe to say this is our issue resolved and quicker than anticipated too 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear that @laurentait20

If you have any further issues let us know  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@laurentait20 

Although it's paid in advance the PN billing period only starts when you get connected.

Brian