This guide will show you how to set up an Xbox 360 with an Ethernet cable. There are separate guides for connecting with wireless.
This is probably the easiest way to connect your Xbox 360 to your network. You can use a 1-port router but you'll need to switch it between your computer and Xbox 360 as you use them.
1. Connect the Ethernet cable to an Ethernet port on your router.
2. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox 360.
If you're using a USB modem then you'll need to use Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to get your Xbox connected.
With this method you'll need your computer switched on whenever you want to connect to Xbox LIVE.
To do this you'll need:
1. Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your computer.
2. Then connect the other end to the Ethernet port on your Xbox 360.
3. Setup Windows ICS on your PC to share your Internet connection - (these instructions are for Windows XP):
Once you've set up ICS make sure you can still get online with your PC.
Popularity: 4% [?]
Contributing Authors : Bob Pullen
This entry was posted by Andrew B on Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 at 4:00 pm and is tagged with ICS, Internet Connection Sharing, nxe, Xbox, xbox LIVE, xbox360 and is posted in the category Gaming. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed on this post.
Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!
We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.
© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Support Library is powered by WordPress