cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Nat type HELP

simonbannister

Re: PS3 Nat type HELP

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stewbett
Grafter

Ive done the Step 1- On your PC go to start click on run copy and paste this command. telnet 192.168.1.254 (press enter)
But i just get an invalid path message come up, im using windows vista ive tried alsorts to sort my nat type on mw3 this looks like the  final option but doesnt seem to do anything im using the 585v7 router, any help would be much appreciated.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

WOW!!!!!! THANK YOU! The guide by matt on page 1 actually worked!
NOTE!: For those using a MAC the command line steps used on cmd for windows also works for 'Terminal' just incase people think it wont.
To open Terminal go onto applications>utilities then you should find 'Terminal' or simply on the top right corner on the search bar type 'Terminal'.
STEPS I DID using matts guide (thank you matt).
Playstation.3 network setting click manual. Automatic for all of them untill you get to DNS
Primary: 212.159.13.49 and Secondary: 212.159.13.50
Once that was done i went on to terminal and entered the command lines matt gave.
BATTLEFIELD 3 ISSUE
Ive noticed how battlefield 3 doesnt seem to connect trying to play online this only happens when my nat type for mw3 is OPEN. When its strict on MW3 battlefield 3 works vise versa. Its either one u play. Anyone know whats going on?
sandmatt
Dabbler

I haven't had to set anything manually on my PS3 - that was causing me lots of problems, like the earlier posts I made that said I'd lost my PSN.
Maybe you could try having everything set to automatic? That's worked for me and the NAT on MW3 s still open. I've not BF3 so can't comment on that game as well.
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

When i go to the telnet bit and it asks for the username i put in admin, then i have tried leaving the password blank and it just closes.  I have tried the serial number of the router beginning CP but it says invalid username/password.  I have tried administrator too instead of admin but get the same results.
Any help with this?  How could i find the password if it is neither of them?
Edit:- sorted it - administrator should be Administrator lol
johnnybebad2000
Grafter

Wowzers, NAT Type is now open after following that guide!!
Thank You So SO much, ive been fighting with this issue for so long.
Right, now to play some MW3, normally on a wired connection but going to try wireless tonight since i have moved the router to the main phone socket.  I just hope its stable!!
matt_2k34
Grafter

@Ashraf
Mate one of the other members has this problem, he goes online (NAT = STRICT), close the game (go back to the ps3 menu) then reload the game, NAT = Open.
At a guess its uPNP making a mess of things rather than doing its wonderfully brilliant Opening on request 😛
Regards
MrN
Grafter

Well, NAT type open yesterday on MW3 and 13:30 (yesterday) the big switch over to "PRO" and then as if by magic NAT type now strict and a downgrade in overall line speed and DL speed
"Phone exchange:SCARBOROUGHEstimated line speed:5Mb (This may vary between 4.5Mb and 8Mb) - Checked on 2011-11-09 13:38:26Current line speed: 7.15 Mb"
Dl speed now running at 4.8 as per "My Broadband" test. Last complaint is februarury and sync rates were 10+ now they are less than 9+, this broadband just keeps getting slower and slower and, then cost is reduced overall then add the "bolt on" to improve, what improvement???>:(
PS3 was static IP yesterday and UPNP is on.
matt_2k34
Grafter

MrN i suggest you start a new throad in "broadband and routers". post your router stats, its more than likely your using a phone extension, or something which is degrading your service.
Adding PRO does nothing other than remove traffic shaping done by PN it does NOT affect your sync speed (the only persons able to influence sync are BT and yourselves)
Open a thread with as much details as possible (and politely, you'll get more help this way) and await a response Smiley
Regards
MrN
Grafter

Wink No extensions etc, no change in anything with phone line in over 18 months of use on PN. Just asking why NAT type should change after switching to PRO (for all additional gaming benefits). The other element is just the ususal rant about the degrading service. Sad
matt_2k34
Grafter

its coincidental, nothing more i assure you.
Like i said before, if you feel your not getting what you "used to get" open a thread and see what digicare can do in the morning... JoJo is pretty good at getting people to pre-problem speeds.
Regards
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Any smarty pants want to investigate on why when mw3 nat type open bf3 goes down when trying to play online and vise versa.
stewbett
Grafter

Quote from: sandmatt
Sorry for the many many posts but have been looking and searching and found this:
Guide to obtain OPEN NAT in PS3 Black Ops with Thomson TG782T Modem
Step 1- On your PC go to start click on run copy and paste this command. telnet 192.168.1.254 (press enter)
This will open a telnet session with your modem, you will then be asked for a Username and Password.
Username: admin (press enter)
Password: your modems password (usually blank by default) (press enter)
Step 2- copy and paste these 4 command lines one at a time pressing enter after each one is done.
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074-3075
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3658
:saveall
then close the telnet session
Step 3- Reboot your modem (just power off and back on) not always needed but is helpful to do after changes made.
Step 4- Open Call Of Duty Black Ops on PS3, go to multiplayer and enjoy your OPEN NAT gaming from now on 😃
(edit) also i made a youtube video of this process in the link below to help assist people through this guide.

-gv5fAFzaY
Reference to how this fix was achieved- /forum-replies.cfm?t=1736568
I have done this and can confirm that it has opened my NAT, yay!

woop works a treat took a few attempts to get it to log in to telnet now have an open nat thankyou so much  Cheesy
RedHolly

Hi everyone!
OK I've used the portforward guide to try and open the nat on my ps3 . Opened 3074 and 27000 , then tried 3074 and 27000 to 27050 . Changed the upnp settings backwards and forwards and turned router/ps3 on/off after each adjustment. Static IP appears fine, although it's the first time I'm doing any of this so I could be wrong. I do not own a pc so can't do the cmd solve that everyone else is doing. I'm about ready to cancel this whole subscription because I never had this problem with my previous ISP! Any help from someone more knowledgeable than me much appreciated Shocked
matt_2k34
Grafter

I'm about ready to cancel this whole subscription because I never had this problem with my previous ISP!

Thats just rediculous, thats like saying You've bought a car, but you're going to take it back because you dont agree that the manufacturers rugs are cheap and abit tacky, when you could replace them cheaply and get a much better experience.
Im guessing that you own a mac instead of a PC then... ? all you need to do is say what you have, then we can help...
Opening the ports (all the ones listed in the thread) should be adequate and point them to the static IP of the PS3. you kno you should be opening ALL of the ports, not just trying one range then the next... right?
Regards