cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Nat type HELP

leighbaldwin
Dabbler

Re: PS3 Nat type HELP

im using ps3 and ive done everything you told me, but after i "applied public IP address of a connection to a LAN device" i get an error message saying "An error occurred during communication with the server. this is a DNS error." and i cant even sign into psn without un-assigning.... Sad
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hey there,
If it is saying a DNS error, You may need to manually assign the DNS servers. Because if your IP address is the Public one, It won't be able to communicate correctly with the 192 address (Thats my theory anyway)
I probably didn't mention this in the guide, because my DNS was already manually assigned.
Thanks for the feedback, I shall update the guide again.
Regards,
Matt
sandmatt
Dabbler

Quote from: leighbaldwin
im using ps3 and ive done everything you told me, but after i "applied public IP address of a connection to a LAN device" i get an error message saying "An error occurred during communication with the server. this is a DNS error." and i cant even sign into psn without un-assigning.... Sad

Hi All
same has happened to me!
I've followed the tutorial on this forum and had no luck! WOuld be handy if someone can help!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Quote from: sandmatt

same has happened to me!

Have you followed the steps I have just updated?
You need to manually assign the DNS servers to...
Primary: 212.159.13.49
Secondary: 212.159.13.50
This should resolve your DNS issue.
I wasn't able to test this on a PS3, because I don't have one Sad
Regards,
Matt
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

Yep manually put these addresses in the first time. Went through and double checked, no luck...

did you mean ".159" not ".15" in the secondary?
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Hmmm,
Interesting... Does the network settings show your Public IP as being assigned to the PS3, or does it still show an IP address starting with 192?
sandmatt
Dabbler

I tried all this and the updated steps and it changed my NAT to type 3!
It was still restricting my NAT to strict... I've played with the settings and followed the link - what is the difference between a static and dynamic IP. Surely their can't ust be 2 suffering with this?
Mattz0r
Rising Star

did you mean ".159" not ".15" in the secondary?

YEs, I meant 159 Cheesy thank you for that!! It's been a looooong day. lol.

what is the difference between a static and dynamic IP. Surely their can't ust be 2 suffering with this?

Static IP = IP stays the same, and you manually input the IP address
Dynamic IP = The IP changes and the router assigns the address automagically.
I'm not sure why you are both having issues, I wish I had a PS3 that I could test with Sad
Regards,
Matt
sandmatt
Dabbler

should have also mentioned that my mac address disappears from the page in the thomson router.
YOu can not just assign a dynamic IP on the PS3 without setting the rest up as far as I can see!
I'll retry a couple of things
Mattz0r
Rising Star

should have also mentioned that my mac address disappears from the page in the thomson router.

This will happen if your PS3 has a static IP address
Regards,
Matt
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

i will keep looking on this page and trying new things for a while, if i cant sort it il have to get a belkin or linksys router Smiley
Mattz0r
Rising Star

i will keep looking on this page and trying new things for a while,

It's one of those things, where if i was there physically, I could help a lot more than over the internet.
I will be ensuring that future hardware that gets sent out will work out the box for all gaming needs.
Cheers,
Matt
sandmatt
Dabbler

Changed all back to dynamic ip.
Found how to enter DNS without IP and still nothing, changing back to easy/auto settings will not work now either! It;s timing out when trying to find an IP.
leighbaldwin
Dabbler

I tried all this and the updated steps and it changed my NAT to type 3!
It was still restricting my NAT to strict... I've played with the settings and followed the link - what is the difference between a static and dynamic IP. Surely their can't ust be 2 suffering with this?

this also happend to me, if you turn upnp on it goes bk to type 2, but still strict....
...meanwhile i managed to connect with 1 friend on MW3 by being the one who invites the friend to the empty party, but couldn't get anybody else to join lol.
this whole issue is STRESSFULL!!
sandmatt
Dabbler

this is all very odd any more help would be appreciated!