Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Home Phone Price changes and Line Rental Saver

12 months half price broadband? Is that what I signed up for?

I'd need to check your account for that. I'm not sure your community username is directing me to the right one, could you perhaps drop me a DM of the username please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry if I got your hopes up! I wrongly assumed you were referring to such an offer but I now better understand that you took the annual contract to avoid having to pay an installation fee for your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dom
Grafter

Ah well, you can't win 'em all!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A number of posts not directly related to this announcement have been split off and moved here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99764.0.html and the title changed to more accurately reflect the topic
baldrick
Grafter

I am on the legacy 240 product. When I try to sign up I am told that I am excluded from this offer unless I change my package. I am quite willing to commit to 12 months in exchange for a discount but there is no other reason for me to change. I find difficulty in working out PN's logic here unless the argument is that because I am on a legacy product I have obviously been a customer for a long time and can therefore be treated with what some might interpret as contempt.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

three of us have tried to get a sensible answer out of Adam, he just says wait till Dec 6th, every thing else says no way, his blog and the terms and conditions
If we stay on the 240 package it will be the same price as the any time at line rental reduced and the £3.50, Adam cant seem to comprehend this
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@pierre
That's pretty rude to be fair, Adam understands what you're saying and has been in here answering any questions that people have. We need to get some more clarity on what products it'll be available on after 6th December and we'll make sure that's chased up on Monday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Fair enough Chris, but I have just had an e-mail about the call charges and telling me that the saver is here, but as three of us have found out, we dont seem to be getting it on the 240 package, its just that what ever we have been told is not correct somewhere
We're also launching Line Rental Saver on 6th December, a new way for you to pay for your line rental.
For your easy reference we've updated our call tariff with our new prices.
All the best,
Nick Rawlings
Commercial & Marketing Director, Plusnet

the call tariff also takes you to an old listing which also does not include the 240 package
http://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html/?WT.mc_id=ec_int_201111_LPC3&link=calltariff

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@Chris
There's  nothing rude about pierre's post. We have been trying to get an answer from Adam (or whoever else from PN cares to give one) but his last reply on the subject was
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Already answered that question PP, check reply #22

The question had not already been answered. Had he posted that he was looking into the matter we would have been happy. He did not. So we have had no evidence to support your assertion that Adam "understands what you're saying".
Plusnetthepits
Dabbler

Angry Really worrying!  I made a reply to this thread pointing out that the line rental really cost more because of the charge for caller display.  Now I find that my post has been deleted with no explanation.  It was not rude or abusive.  Is this Plusnet Community yet another example where censorship is the norm?  Oh dear!  I expect this post will be removed too.
Plusnetthepits
Dabbler

Scrap my previous post! Just found the post that I was complaining about being deleted.  Embarrassed  Oh well, I'm new to this.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Oh well welcome to the forum
did you look at the post below your lost one?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99764.msg845030.html#msg845030
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The question had not already been answered. Had he posted that he was looking into the matter we would have been happy. He did not.

let me assure you all that I'm not trying to ignore anyone, I'm checking this again to gain a definitive answer. I'll let you know what I find out ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've double checked this and I'm afraid that line rental saver is only available for our 3 current call packages. So anyone using a legacy phone package would need to change to take advantage of LRS after 6/12/11.
Sorry for any confusion.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thanks, I will stay on the 240 as that is the same eventual cost of the any time line +£3.50, and I only pay monthly