cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudmark anti-spam migrations October 2011...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Cloudmark anti-spam migrations October 2011...

Evening all,
In case any of you miss it, take a look at the blog post I've just published here.
Feel free to use this thread to ask any questions/report any problems you might have whilst the migrations are underway and I'll do my best to help!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

151 REPLIES 151
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Re: Cloudmark anti-spam migrations October 2011...

First of the migrations starts tomorrow morning:
[quote author="Bob Pullen"]Planned Anti-spam/Email Platform Maintenance - Wednesday 5th October
When's this work happening?
Tomorrow, 5th October.
What does it affect?
Both inbound and outbound email delivery, spam and virus filtering.
How long will it take?
The work itself will be completed by the end of the working day, however the changes may take 24-48 hours to come into effect.
What does the work involve?
We're migrating Metronet and Free Online customers email to a new anti-spam platform.
Am I likely to notice this work?
The work is designed to be as transparent as possible, however the more astute may notice subtle changes to the way email is delivered across our network.
Is there anything else I need to know?
For further details surrounding this maintenance, please see the recently published blog article over on our Community Site - http://[link_to_follow].
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Temporarily stickied for better visibility
pierre_pierre
Grafter

will we still be able to see what e-mail has been marked as spam, as I still get the occasional false positives, the last recent test that I was involved in dropped my reported spam by 80%, how do I know that it didnt have false positive?
I an a free-online customer
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The behaviour with Cloudmark is the same as with IronPort. Only the reputation and spam-assessment filtering engines differ.
If you've asked for detected spam to be sent to your Spam folder you will find it marked and in there. If it's spam but not detected as such you will find it unmarked and in your Inbox. If it's not spam but falsely detected to be you will find it marked as spam and in your Spam folder.
If the reputation of the sending email relay is poor the message will be refused and should bounce back to the sender. When you participated in the Cloudmark trial how many genuine messages went missing?
David
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am not sure which one I was on, it was only for one week
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The next stage of work, due tomorrow:
Quote from: Matt
Planned Anti-spam/Email Platform Maintenance - Thursday 6th October
Tomorrow, 6th October.
What does it affect?
How long will it take?
The work itself will be completed by the end of the working day, however the changes may take 24-48 hours to come into effect.
We're migrating Madasafish customers (and it's affiliated brands) email to a new anti-spam platform.
The work is designed to be as transparent as possible, however the more astute may notice subtle changes to the way email is delivered across our network.
For further details surrounding this maintenance, please see the recently published blog article over on our Community Site - http://community.plus.net/blog/2011/10/04/plusnet-look-to-the-clouds-for-email-security-solution/
Kind Regards,
Matt Taylor
Customer Support
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I am not sure which one I was on, it was only for one week

You were using Cloudmark Pierre.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

[quote author="Bob Pullen"]Planned Anti-spam/Email Platform Maintenance - Wednesday 5th October
Quote from: Matt
Planned Anti-spam/Email Platform Maintenance - Thursday 6th October

Heads up folks that we hit a minor issue during the 11th hour. Testing has highlighted the need to make some further tweaks to the load balancers in front of the appliances. This means that nobody has been moved across yet.
We'll post further announcements when the migration is resumed...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, Metronet are across (although DNS will take time to catch up). The following was posted yesterday...
[quote author="Bob Pullen"]Planned Anti-spam/Email Platform Maintenance - Friday 7th October
Tomorrow, 7th October.
What does it affect?
How long will it take?
We're migrating Metronet customers' email to a new anti-spam platform.
For further details surrounding this maintenance, please see the recently published blog article over on our Community Site - http://community.plus.net/blog/2011/10/04/plusnet-look-to-the-clouds-for-email-security-solution/
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

angelab
Grafter

For the last three days (7, 8, 9 Oct) I have been receiving vast amounts of spam: 150+ a  day.  Normally I would expect one or two, but nothing like this.  Is it anything to do with this migration process?  Will it stop?
Luckily I use Mailwasher, so can view the list before downloading and get rid of it.  I am afraid of ditching the odd "real" email among the dross though.
Angela
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Are you a Metronet, Free Online or Madasafish customer? If not I wouldn't have expected the migration to Cloudmark to affect you. And from what's been posted in this thread I would expect only Metronet customers to be affected.
I'm assuming you have spam filtering turned on? If not the change to Cloudmark shouldn't affect you.
David
David
angelab
Grafter

i am PlusNet, with a plusnet address.
angela
spraxyt
Resting Legend

In that case this migration should not yet be affecting you. Looks like the spammers have found a format/origin that defeats the Ironports at the moment.
David
David
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Further thoughts …
Does IronPort identify the messages as spam by adding [-SPAM-] on the subject line but you've chosen to have them delivered to your Inbox for inspection using Mailwasher? In that case IronPort is identifying them correctly but the reputation of the source currently does not warrant rejection.
David
David