cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Plus Net email account after migrating

mitchell20
Grafter

Keep Plus Net email account after migrating

Is it possible to keep a least 1 PN mail addy after migrating to another ISP?  It would be really helpful to keep one of my PN email addys (not the main one though - one of the other PN ones I have created)
Thinking of migrating to Sky LLU.  On a side note - a bit confused about this at the moment actually.  According to Sky I am now in a Sky network (LLU) area and I can receive between 10 - 20Mb after entering my phone number on their website but samknows and other generic exchange checkers all say Sky LLU is not currently available in my exchange?
The first LLU service (TalkTalk) was enabled late last year but before that there's never been anything other than the standard BT Wholesale upto 8mb service.  My exchange is LCEAR.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Keep Plus Net email account after migrating

Yes,
If you were wanting to cancel and keep an e-mail address if you request it we can downgrade the account to a free pay-as-you-go one rather than cancel it outright.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Adam, when you say "an email address" do you mean just one (presumably the one that was first registered) without any aliases?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mitchell20
Grafter

This is the issue I have in that it's not the main email I want to keep, it's one of the other ones.  I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the free account only allows you to keep your main email addy?  I did raise a ticket about this and they came back and mentioned a just mail account which is £20.28 per year.  This is not something I've ever heard of before?
I've asked for my MAC today so I'll let you know not to cancel my account entirely once the MAC is issued before I use it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Maybe I was speaking too informally, you can keep your aliases too.
I'll let you know not to cancel my account entirely once the MAC is issued before I use it.

Make sure you let us know before the migration to your new ISP goes ahead otherwise the account would be cancelled automatically.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: mitchell20
This is the issue I have in that it's not the main email I want to keep, it's one of the other ones.

Not a problem. When you downgrade to dialup PAYG you will still have access to http://email.plus.net/ to configure and change your mailboxes - there is no limitation on the number of mailboxes etc. you can have. The only thing is you must collect mail from them regularly to keep the account and mailboxes active.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

I've been told today (via ticket #39330077 which is my MAC request ticket) and also #39321696, that a mail only account is actually £1 a month.
I've now got 3 different stories about this?????????
Mail only for £20.28 a year
Mail only for £1 a month
and free via PAYG account
...and you wonder why I'm leaving Plus Net!!!!  Left hand meet right hand.....
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The free email with dialup PAYG will only let you use the Plusnet servers to send mail via relay.plus.net if you are on a Plusnet connection (i.e. an old fashioned dialup modem paying per minute call charges or on a Plusnet broadband connection for another account). If you are not on a Plusnet connection and you need to send emails using your old Plusnet address you have to use your new ISPs outgoing server (if they let you set your senders email address to a domain they are not hosting).
The paid options also let you use the outgoing mail server I believe.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mitchell20
Grafter

Well I'm migrating to Sky (once I get my MAC) and I believe they use a form of Google Mail don't they?  It was the sending mail part that was worrying me.  I've never been able to send PN mail using my 3 mobile broadband, yet MobileMe does work.