Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheffield-based Help & Support

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Sheffield-based Help & Support

This forum thread is for discussion surrounding the recent announcement to move all Plusnet customer support services back to the UK. This includes supports for the other brands we look after like Madasafish and Metronet.
A copy of that announcement can be seen here.
Edit: added clarification about non-Plusnet brands.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

87 REPLIES 87
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Sheffield-based Help & Support

Wonderful news  Grin Grin Grin
Should it say we have already moved them rather than we have made the decision to move them
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I heard some loud cheering and wondered what on earth was going on - now I know!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Best news from PN this year!    Smiley Smiley Smiley
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
zubel
Community Veteran

Obi-Wan: "A great disturbance in the Force. It was like a million voices crying out in unison, then suddenly silenced."
B.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As a lifelong Sheffielder I'm pleased to hear about the local job creations.
As a Plusnetter of quite a few years and a Moderator of substantially less I am pleased to see fully UK support restored.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

Have always telephoned into Sheffield anyway, but this is brilliant news - smilies say it all!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and as I get free calls to 0114 on my mobile from home or local (Well 500 mins a month)  but have to pay for 0845 thats great news
Be3G
Grafter

Excellent news indeed – and I hope we do indeed see the return of the geographic number to prominence. On the other hand, it does add another U-turn to Plusnet's list – I remember when Plusnet used to use a non-geographic number as standard, then in a move to gain respect they started pushing the non-geographic number to the point that it was the main one publicised, then there was the return to non-geographic (along with a possibility which never materialised of an 03 number), and now here we are going back to geographic! Or, at least I hope we are.
My main concern though is support levels. Support (via ticket anyway) is still not as prompt as it should be at the moment, despite the high levels of recruitment that have been taking place. Surely removing Africa from the equation will therefore only make things worse?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Be3G
Excellent news indeed – and I hope we do indeed see the return of the geographic number to prominence.

That's the plan.
Quote from: Be3G
My main concern though is support levels. Support (via ticket anyway) is still not as prompt as it should be at the moment, despite the high levels of recruitment that have been taking place. Surely removing Africa from the equation will therefore only make things worse?

At any one time there were about 70 operational staff over in SA. Over the last 12 months we've employed more than double that here in Sheffield. We've also brought many of the workflows back here over recent months (e.g. Provisioning, Failed Billing, Tech). There are another 15 bods (most technical) going through training at the moment and that's not the last of them!
Obviously it'll take a short while for the support centre to get accustomed to the changes operationally, and for the newer starters to find their feet, but I don't see this being anything to be too worried about TBH.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

off topic posts split off and moved to http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90766.0.html
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm so glad!  Cheesy
Maybe a slight feeling of "told you so" - I was at the open day at Plusnet towers when the Durban support centre was announced, and all the users there expressed their concern about not having UK-only support.
Not applicable

Just read the blog and it occurred to me that there is no mention of what will happen to the staff in Durban.
I understand that South Africa has its fair share of problems and I do hope that the people there will not be made redundant from their much-needed jobs.
Please can you let us know what will happen to the Madasafish/Plusnet staff?
I am glad that everything is coming back to Sheffield but would be sad to think of hardship, especially when such a lot of work has gone into integrating the two ISPs.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Glad to see it's back in Sheffield and nice to see PN has created some jobs to accommodate the extra work. Smiley
There was a rush some years ago to move call centres overseas but many companies have realised it was a mistake and brought them back to the UK again.
LiamM
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Just read the blog and it occurred to me that there is no mention of what will happen to the staff in Durban.
I understand that South Africa has its fair share of problems and I do hope that the people there will not be made redundant from their much-needed jobs.
Please can you let us know what will happen to the Madasafish/Plusnet staff?
I am glad that everything is coming back to Sheffield but would be sad to think of hardship, especially when such a lot of work has gone into integrating the two ISPs.

The staff in Durban were not actual Plusnet employees.  Plusnet outsourced support to a larger contact centre who not only worked for Plusnet but also various other clients.  I hope they can be redeployed elsewhere.