Tuesday 23rd September 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Sheffield-based Help & Support

« Reply #64 on 02/12/2010, 15:32 »
Rather ironically I'm willing to bet the Durban Call centre staff never had trouble getting to work due to snow Wink
Valcato Hosting - 8 years in the business

A plan to suit everyone - Starting at 20/year and 3/month
  • mal0z
  • Usergroup Member
  • View Profile
« Reply #65 on 02/12/2010, 15:39 »
Yes - hindsite is a winderful thing - who would have expected this severe weather this early affecting Sheffield

Mal               Plusnet Usergroup member
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #66 on 02/12/2010, 15:41 »
Not the Met office that's for sure
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
« Reply #67 on 02/12/2010, 15:57 »
I wonder how really cold countries cope with a few inches of snow?

We can't cope with the various changes of state with regard to water.

Solid - don't go out because the ice will kill you. Cheesy
Liquid - forthcoming - move to high ground to avoid the flooding. Cheesy
Vapour - forthcoming - all the water has evaporated and you can't water your garden and you will die of thirst. Cheesy

Support via Land-line 0800 432 0200
« Reply #68 on 02/12/2010, 17:35 »
I can't really believe Plusnet still don't have a solution for remote working in terms of taking calls from home too.  It's just as easy to monitor agents / QOS calls as it is being in the office and agents have VPN access to internal systems from home.

Back in 2004 when I was a BT Broadband campaigner we were invited up for a reception at the BT Tower and during the day went to the BT Showcase to see BT's remote working technology, even then it was impressive.  The snow would not be an issue then and customers would not even notice.
Liam Martin
Plusnet UserGroup Member & Ex-Plusnet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYWPro! & Business Premier User | NETGEAR Lover
Wormeries from the inventors!
« Reply #69 on 04/12/2010, 11:40 »
I can't really believe Plusnet still don't have a solution for remote working in terms of taking calls from home too.  It's just as easy to monitor agents / QOS calls as it is being in the office and agents have VPN access to internal systems from home.

We *have* had agents taking calls from home. Only a few mind you as this is the first time we've tried it. I'm sure once the initial teething problems have been sorted it'll become more commonplace.
« Reply #70 on 04/12/2010, 15:21 »
its been available a lot longer than that,  My firm had a Siemens very large internal system  (5000 pus extensions),  I could call divert my desk phone to my mobile very simply and take the calls,  My own mobile used on works trips in Wales,  And on Company trips to Italy and Austria, on a Company O2 mobile.  that was in 1995, we could also do a simple dial into the company network on O2 with a two digit+extension

My SWMBO used to dial my desk in Basildon, I answered in Lecce Italy, all a local call from home
Free-online member since 15 Dec 1998
You dont have to be mad to understand what PN are up to, but it helps
Customer Options Team (Cancellations and MAC) 0800 4320200 (option 7) not free onmobile but 0345 4320200 is cheaper (or 0114 296 5098)
« Reply #71 on 04/12/2010, 17:26 »
Peter, please make some allowances. Remember this is a BT company
twitter / beeare
« Reply #72 on 04/12/2010, 18:18 »
and as usual BT is well behind the rest of the world
Free-online member since 15 Dec 1998
You dont have to be mad to understand what PN are up to, but it helps
Customer Options Team (Cancellations and MAC) 0800 4320200 (option 7) not free onmobile but 0345 4320200 is cheaper (or 0114 296 5098)
« Reply #73 on 06/12/2010, 10:01 »
We run a VoIP based PBX and the phones connect via SIP so we simply plug a phone in anywhere with an internet connection and voila - it's just like we're in the office.  Has been that way for 4 years now and we have staff set up at home 'just in case'.  Only needed it once when our internet connection went down at the office but it came close to needing it this week.
Liam Martin
Plusnet UserGroup Member & Ex-Plusnet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYWPro! & Business Premier User | NETGEAR Lover
Wormeries from the inventors!
« Reply #74 on 15/12/2010, 17:37 »
I think they managed well - better than EDF Energy who had a recorded message saying they weren't taking ANY calls due to the snow!
Plusnet Unlimited (June 2009), Premium (February 2010),  Extra (January 2011), Value (September 2011), Extra (October 2011), Value Fibre (March 2012), Essentials Fibre (December 2012), Unlimited Fibre (March 2013)
« Reply #75 on 20/01/2011, 10:14 »
im getting confused and even more curious. bob says the staff at durham were not actually plusnet staff so why did yorkshire forward pay 1,4 million to relocate call centre staff who were not employed by plusnet and have not been given uk jobs. just what was the 1.4 million then spent on.

Also an dthis is just a off the cuff opinion  you are advertising suuport staff at 14k  that sounds pretty low wages.
I may not have what I want, but I do have what I need
  • Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #76 on 20/01/2011, 10:17 »
We didn't physically move staff over from SA to the UK, we recruited and are continuing to recruit more staff in Sheffield.

The wages vary depending on the role, IIRC customer service advisors *start from* 14k, tech support *start from 18k*.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #77 on 20/01/2011, 10:20 »
txs   but.......why did y forward then give you 1.4 million?
I may not have what I want, but I do have what I need
  • Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #78 on 20/01/2011, 10:23 »
I can't discuss the details of this as honestly I don't know them, however I'd imagine it's to recruit additional staff in the Yorkshire area as seems to be their remit.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #79 on 20/01/2011, 10:26 »
bob says the staff at durham were not actually plusnet staff

They were in Durban, South Africa. Not Durham, Northumberland...they're very different places Wink
Valcato Hosting - 8 years in the business

A plan to suit everyone - Starting at 20/year and 3/month
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE