Thursday 23rd October 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Sheffield-based Help & Support

• mal0z
  • Usergroup Member
  • View Profile
« Reply #16 on 17/11/2010, 19:39 »
Well done guys - excellent news. I really do think having a UK based service centre is an very good sales aid - as lots of people are fed of overseas call centres .
And it's great too you are investing in new staff in Sheffield - a great thing to do in these difficult days.

Mal               Plusnet Usergroup member
« Reply #17 on 17/11/2010, 22:36 »
Hurrah!

I am so happy as I am all for home grown companies to employ homegrown talent.

When I was on Madasafish, people I spoke to were South African, we both found it difficult to know what each other were saying so it is is good news that it will all be one place in  Sheffield.

1. When will the party celebarations start and invite people who use the forums Cheesy

2. Will we be introduced to the new staff and what roles they have?

3 Plusnet Towers must be huge if got quite a lot of staff.
« Reply #18 on 17/11/2010, 23:00 »
Well done, a great decision and I'm sure it will pay dividends for Plusnet (and us)

Now if you could just manage to get me  20mb broadband I'll be well happy   Grin
« Reply #19 on 17/11/2010, 23:05 »
Can I say, I told you so?

BTW read my sig!

Support via Land-line 0800 432 0200
« Reply #20 on 17/11/2010, 23:09 »
yes you can, I told them so too.

Bob, your article is absolute tosh and an insult to our intelligence. I suggest you go and rewrite it and say the Durban call centre was a complete failure.

« Last Edit: 17/11/2010, 23:14 by Oddball »

twitter / beeare
« Reply #21 on 17/11/2010, 23:32 »
......hmmmm, a bit mean we can't comment page isn't it?  Wink  Roll Eyes

I dread to think what 150 newbies will do to customer support?  Shocked

Nice to put a re-cap on though, should stories like that not be on the front page for all new customers to see, not just those who wander over to the community pages?

Ah well, I best go check my PM's and to see what the latest is on my thread  Roll Eyes
"The sun is warm, the wind is wild, the grass is green along the shore, here no bull can hide"
  • Force 'E'
  • Not young enough to know everything
  • View Profile
« Reply #22 on 18/11/2010, 08:09 »
Credit where it's due - IIRC BT recently announced its intention to move all call centre operations back to the UK - PN have actually done it.

...should stories like that not be on the front page for all new customers to see, not just those who wander over to the community pages?

I doubt PN want to crow about having had a foreign call centre in the first place.  Wink
Computers are wonderful - if anything goes wrong then no one is to blame.

Plusnet Unlimited & Talk Anytime International 300
  • Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #23 on 18/11/2010, 08:23 »
should stories like that not be on the front page for all new customers to see

It is on the front page of www.plus.net, on the right hand side there are 3 links for the latest news. It's the top one of those at the moment.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #24 on 18/11/2010, 10:20 »
I assume support for Madasafish customers be moving to Sheffield as well ?

Regards
Mike
Great Technology Podcasts - www.twit.tv
  • Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #25 on 18/11/2010, 10:22 »
Hi Mike,

Yes. All of our support operation is based in Sheffield, MAAF included.

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

« Last Edit: 18/11/2010, 10:24 by Strat »

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #26 on 18/11/2010, 12:32 »
Are PlusNet going to shutdown Africa support center and move all back home to Sheffield?
So that All Billing, Signup's and so on, will be handled by Sheffield only!

Yes, this has already happened.

2. Will we be introduced to the new staff and what roles they have?

They're not *all* new! We've been recruiting heavily here in Sheffield for almost a year now. It's a mix of skills that covers pretty much all aspects of our Customer Support operation.

3 Plusnet Towers must be huge if got quite a lot of staff.

This is us here.

Now if you could just manage to get me  20mb broadband I'll be well happy   Grin

Shouldn't be too long to wait if the 31st May 2011 RFS date for your exchange doesn't slip.

BTW read my sig!

Yep, you might want to modify that!

Bob, your article is absolute tosh and an insult to our intelligence. I suggest you go and rewrite it and say the Durban call centre was a complete failure.

I don't think that's very fair to be honest. The guys in Durban did a great job during the acquisition of Brightview (and afterwards). There's no way the Sheffield operation would have been able to handle this single-handedly. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're now in a position to bring support back to Sheffield in its entirety, but credit where credit's due.

Some of the newer starters have been here a while now. They're not all at the same level of aptitude.
  • Midnight Caller
  • Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
  • View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on 18/11/2010, 12:55 »
Thanks Bob
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001

DHEA Community Forum        Free Wallpaper & More
  • poppy
« Reply #28 on 18/11/2010, 15:04 »
Just gone into the member centre via call statistics page and there were 40 calls in the queue with a wait time of almost 15 minutes (not sure if that was correct with all those calls waiting to be answered). 
Not sure if the work has been all handed back to Sheffield at this time but if it has, Durban is sure being missed!
« Reply #29 on 18/11/2010, 15:13 »
Just gone into the member centre via call statistics page and there were 40 calls in the queue with a wait time of almost 15 minutes (not sure if that was correct with all those calls waiting to be answered). 

All work has been handed back to Sheffield and both figures are correct. There are days when the longest wait tips the 15 minute mark and this was the case prior to the operational changes. As I mentioned in a previous post, there's bound to be a certain degree of adjustment whilst we get used to the changes.

I'll see if I can dig some stats out that show some of the reasoning behind our decision...
« Reply #30 on 18/11/2010, 16:37 »

This might give you a bit of an insight Wink

Since we started ramping up the numbers and bringing work flows back to Sheffield, we've seen some promising trends. Please don't take this the wrong way as I'm certainly not belittling the good work that was done by the guys out in Durban, but it should hopefully give you some confidence that the influx in new staff isn't having too much of a detrimental impact on service levels.

The top line is customer satisfaction levels taken from the surveys we send to people who have recently had a need to contact the support centre (the bottom line is dissatisfaction):

This graph represents the 'first time fix' rate of support calls/tickets:

And this one shows the recent increase in the efficiency across three of our main work streams:

• poppy
« Reply #31 on 18/11/2010, 18:30 »
This made Google news today - http://www.itproportal.co...ings-call-centre-back-uk/.
Note the following: 

Up to 250 jobs will be created up north with the financial backing of the regional development agency Yorkshire Forward.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE