Saturday 19th April 2014Login | Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Sheffield-based Help & Support

« on 17/11/2010, 10:39 »
This forum thread is for discussion surrounding the recent announcement to move all Plusnet customer support services back to the UK. This includes supports for the other brands we look after like Madasafish and Metronet.

A copy of that announcement can be seen here.

Edit: added clarification about non-Plusnet brands.

« Last Edit: 18/11/2010, 11:54 by Bob Pullen »

• Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #1 on 17/11/2010, 10:46 »
Wonderful news  Grin Grin Grin
Should it say we have already moved them rather than we have made the decision to move them
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
  • jelv
  • Bright Spark
  • View Profile
« Reply #2 on 17/11/2010, 10:48 »
I heard some loud cheering and wondered what on earth was going on - now I know!
  • Foresee
  • Not young enough to know everything
  • View Profile
« Reply #3 on 17/11/2010, 10:53 »
Best news from PN this year!    Smiley Smiley Smiley
Computers are wonderful - if anything goes wrong then no one is to blame.

Plusnet Unlimited & Talk Anytime International 300
« Reply #4 on 17/11/2010, 10:57 »
Obi-Wan: "A great disturbance in the Force. It was like a million voices crying out in unison, then suddenly silenced."

B.
  • Strat
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #5 on 17/11/2010, 10:59 »
As a lifelong Sheffielder I'm pleased to hear about the local job creations.

As a Plusnetter of quite a few years and a Moderator of substantially less I am pleased to see fully UK support restored.
Customer and Forum Moderator  Which Plusnet gateway are you on. Click to find out.  and  Dave's Unlimited Traffic Management Blog.
Plusnet Extra.....Stratospheric on PSN playing Call of Duty Ghosts, BF3 and GTA5.
Router Billion Bipac 7800N 1.06h   Data from my weather station
Please support http://www.fairfueluk.com
  • poppy
« Reply #6 on 17/11/2010, 11:04 »

Have always telephoned into Sheffield anyway, but this is brilliant news - smilies say it all!
« Reply #7 on 17/11/2010, 12:02 »
and as I get free calls to 0114 on my mobile from home or local (Well 500 mins a month)  but have to pay for 0845 thats great news

Free-online member since 15 Dec 1998
You dont have to be mad to understand what PN are up to, but it helps
Customer Options Team (Cancellations and MAC) 0800 4320200 (option 7) not free onmobile but 0345 4320200 is cheaper (or 0114 296 5098)
  • Be3G
  • Bright Spark
  • View Profile
« Reply #8 on 17/11/2010, 12:09 »
Excellent news indeed and I hope we do indeed see the return of the geographic number to prominence. On the other hand, it does add another U-turn to Plusnet's list I remember when Plusnet used to use a non-geographic number as standard, then in a move to gain respect they started pushing the non-geographic number to the point that it was the main one publicised, then there was the return to non-geographic (along with a possibility which never materialised of an 03 number), and now here we are going back to geographic! Or, at least I hope we are.

My main concern though is support levels. Support (via ticket anyway) is still not as prompt as it should be at the moment, despite the high levels of recruitment that have been taking place. Surely removing Africa from the equation will therefore only make things worse?
Thomas Kuglin - known as kuglin on the old vISP forums.
Former vISP forum and latterly Community moderator, and operator of usertools IRC.

My web presences: twitter | flickr | last.fm
« Reply #9 on 17/11/2010, 12:51 »
Excellent news indeed and I hope we do indeed see the return of the geographic number to prominence.

That's the plan.

My main concern though is support levels. Support (via ticket anyway) is still not as prompt as it should be at the moment, despite the high levels of recruitment that have been taking place. Surely removing Africa from the equation will therefore only make things worse?

At any one time there were about 70 operational staff over in SA. Over the last 12 months we've employed more than double that here in Sheffield. We've also brought many of the workflows back here over recent months (e.g. Provisioning, Failed Billing, Tech). There are another 15 bods (most technical) going through training at the moment and that's not the last of them!

Obviously it'll take a short while for the support centre to get accustomed to the changes operationally, and for the newer starters to find their feet, but I don't see this being anything to be too worried about TBH.
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #10 on 17/11/2010, 13:56 »
off topic posts split off and moved to http://community.plus.net...ex.php/topic,90766.0.html
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
« Reply #11 on 17/11/2010, 13:58 »
I'm so glad!  Cheesy

Maybe a slight feeling of "told you so" - I was at the open day at Plusnet towers when the Durban support centre was announced, and all the users there expressed their concern about not having UK-only support.
  • poppy
« Reply #12 on 17/11/2010, 16:11 »
Just read the blog and it occurred to me that there is no mention of what will happen to the staff in Durban.
I understand that South Africa has its fair share of problems and I do hope that the people there will not be made redundant from their much-needed jobs.
Please can you let us know what will happen to the Madasafish/Plusnet staff?
I am glad that everything is coming back to Sheffield but would be sad to think of hardship, especially when such a lot of work has gone into integrating the two ISPs.
« Reply #13 on 17/11/2010, 16:16 »
Glad to see it's back in Sheffield and nice to see PN has created some jobs to accommodate the extra work. Smiley

There was a rush some years ago to move call centres overseas but many companies have realised it was a mistake and brought them back to the UK again.
Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!
« Reply #14 on 17/11/2010, 16:23 »
Just read the blog and it occurred to me that there is no mention of what will happen to the staff in Durban.
I understand that South Africa has its fair share of problems and I do hope that the people there will not be made redundant from their much-needed jobs.
Please can you let us know what will happen to the Madasafish/Plusnet staff?
I am glad that everything is coming back to Sheffield but would be sad to think of hardship, especially when such a lot of work has gone into integrating the two ISPs.

The staff in Durban were not actual Plusnet employees.  Plusnet outsourced support to a larger contact centre who not only worked for Plusnet but also various other clients.  I hope they can be redeployed elsewhere.

« Last Edit: 17/11/2010, 16:25 by Liam. »

Liam Martin
Plusnet UserGroup Member & Ex-Plusnet Comms Team Staffer!
BBYWPro! & Business Premier User | NETGEAR Lover
Wormeries from the inventors!
  • Midnight Caller
  • Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
  • View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on 17/11/2010, 19:10 »
@Bob, I vaguely remember saying keep the customer support  in Sheffield, it is good to see that at last you are seeing sens.   Smiley

Are PlusNet going to shutdown Africa support center and move all back home to Sheffield?
So that All Billing, Signup's and so on, will be handled by Sheffield only!
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001

DHEA Community Forum        Free Wallpaper & More
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE