Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We won’t be beat on price

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We won’t be beat on price

Morning all or should I say or All'reyt pal!
As you may have noticed we've launched our new advertising campaign today and we're proud to announce that we won't be beat on price!
You'll see that we're taking rather a Yorkshirefied (if that is a word, it should be if not!) approach as we're very proud of our roots, of what we do and how we do it.
Reduced pricing is now available to market 1 and 2 customers from today and we have launched our new price-beating pledge.
EDIT: This only applies to exchanges where we would otherwise not be the cheapest provider available.
More details will be available in a blog ASAP.
Si' thee!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
102 REPLIES 102
nadger
Rising Star

Re: We won’t be beat on price

And also you won't be beaten on price - for we southerners  Wink
artificer
Grafter

good for plus.net, master walker.  now you might all consider what you can do to extend broadband coverage to the rural and other deprived areas.
open  source has a proven track record and donations flood in when begged for.  sebastian trug, the writer of the unsurpassed disk burning software for linux, k3b, asked for enough to purchase a more up-to-date computer as necessary in ensuring production of the best software.  he needed about £1,000 and was pleasantly surprised to receive an order of magnitude greater.
the world is going open source, so why not set the definitive commercial example?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Morning all or should I say or All'reyt pal!
As you may have noticed we've launched our new advertising campaign today and we're proud to announce that we won't be beat on price!

But this only applies to the Value package, from the front page you would think it would apply to extra as well.
Just another marketing ploy , whilst value maybe the cheapest it all depends on how much bandwidth a user wants to what type of price/package a user picks with an ISP.
Good to see the price coming down on market 2 ,  i can not see no reduced prices for market 1 ?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Out of interest I did it and it says talk Talk isn't available - and the reason is that Talk Talk doesn't do standalone broadband
So why put them in the table if you aren't going to compare with them
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I have already found cheaper Smiley ( the Plusnet comparison is not like for like)
So saying "you want find a lower price for stand alone broadband "  is wrong as i have Smiley
in my area market 1
Plusnet Value price for 12 month is £ 161.38
Madasafish Max price for 12 month is 9.99 * 6 plus 14.99 * 6 = £ 149.98
Making Madasfish £ 11.40 cheaper over the 12 month term
Regards Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Adam
This comparison  table is misleading!!
For example (market 1 exchange) you say compared to  the Orange package you save £288.62 but you have compared a cost for 12 months (161.38) against 18 months. (450.00)
For this to give the correct/true saving you need to compare the price for 18 month for both. So the Plusnet price need to increase by 12.99 * 6 = 77.94
Add 77.94  to the 12 month cost of 161.38 =  £ 239.32 for 18 months of PN broadbabnd
Soto get the saving  450.00 - 239.32 = £ 210.68 not £ 288.62
You have also done the same with the Virgin comparison , once again misleading !!!
The correct saving over Virgin is £ 120.50 not £198.44
Regards
Mike

Oldjim
Resting Legend

looking at the new offering I see this
Is this per PC or for all the PC's on the connection.
Reason for asking is that £24 per seems a bit high for 1 PC  and what is Plusnet Protect anyway
More to the point - if it is a repackaged McAfee which version is it
EclipsedMind

When I put my post code in O2 came out  £19 cheaper so you have been beaten on price. Also plusnet and bt have erroneous bandwidth claims of upto 20mb when the exchange for that area is only adsl max. Sky who can also only provide the same service as plusnet is predicted as the correct upto 8mb figure.
I guess its just smoke and mirrors
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi guys,
This does actually apply to extra and pro too, here are our new prices for market 1 and 2 exchanges:
Value - £10.79
Extra - £15.79
Pro - £20.79

Please see the blog and FAQ here for the full details:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/10/06/tv/
Just another marketing ploy , whilst value maybe the cheapest it all depends on how much bandwidth a user wants to what type of price/package a user picks with an ISP.

Don't forget that for a few extra pounds per month extra gets you a 50gb of extra bandwidth and Plusnet protect too which would usually be an additional £2 per month on value so I would recommend that package over value if you do like to use a lot of bandwidth. Otherwise value does suit a lot of users quite well. It all comes down to your own individual needs
EclipsedMind we're raising a problem with that now as its incorrect.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Hi guys,
This does actually apply to extra and pro too, here are our new prices for market 1 and 2 exchanges:
Value - £10.79
Extra - £15.79
Pro - £20.79

Not according to your website (market 1) front page and the sign up process  i have just had a look at (see attachment )
** Plusnet Extra: If you live in a low cost area it costs £11.49 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £11.49 a month for the first three months, then £15.79 or £17.99 a month depending on where you live.
Also on  my reply No 6 the attachments shows 12.99 on going for market 1 , according to you that should be 10.79?
Seems like only market 2 has a decrease in price and 1 is staying the same or is the website wrong ?
Regards
Mike

Oldjim
Resting Legend

To clarify - the price change does but not the price guarantee
7. Which products will be made cheaper?
Our price match offer applies to Value only. Extra and Pro will be discounted but not guaranteed cheapest.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for clarifying that point Jim, I could have been more specific but can see how I my comments could have been taken out of context there.

We will discount where we can but we are hoping to make waves by making value the cheapest broadband package (in terms of standalone price) available.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

I would welcome a reply to my previous posts  Smiley
Regards Mike

EclipsedMind

We will discount where we can but we are hoping to make waves by making value the cheapest broadband package (in terms of standalone price) available.

From where I am sitting it looks like free advertising for 02 in my area due to you doing half price first 3 months vs O2 free for 3 months. perhaps you will fall fowl of advertising rules by claiming at the top of the screen you are cheapest then showing in the table you are not? Screenie attached but post code blanked out to save off topic comments 😉