Monday 1st September 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

We won’t be beat on price

• Chris
  • Plusnet Staff
  • View Profile
« Reply #16 on 07/10/2010, 14:15 »
how much i will be paying next month?

Unless you specifically choose to change product you'll be paying the same as you currently are.
Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer and Online Content Lead
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #17 on 07/10/2010, 14:18 »
tx you chris    ..... where have you been hiding.....

David C should make you his Information Commissioner Wink..
I may not have what I want, but I do have what I need
  • M Steve
  • Get Your Game On
  • View Profile
« Reply #18 on 07/10/2010, 14:33 »
You need to sort out your slogans, I mean really you should be concentrating on more Important Issues, Then when they are Fixed your slogan should be.......We wont be beaten on customer service...

Edit Spelling...

« Last Edit: 07/10/2010, 14:37 by Steve M »

« Reply #19 on 07/10/2010, 14:48 »
CS is very good steve  it only took colin 4 mins to answer my q
I may not have what I want, but I do have what I need
« Reply #20 on 07/10/2010, 16:18 »
So does this mean my bill will be cheaper now i'm on extra market2 or does this only apply for new customers?
« Reply #21 on 08/10/2010, 07:14 »
"Quote":- Here are our new prices for market 1 and 2 exchanges:

Value - £10.79
Extra - £15.79
Pro - £20.79

I am currently on PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 1 (Monthly Contract)  with 3Gb
When I go to change my product I see no mention of the £10.79 price quoted, it still stands at £12.99

As an existing customer of many years, if I change will I have to sign up for a 12 month contract ?

« Last Edit: 08/10/2010, 08:58 by Laroc »

• Mand
  • You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
  • View Profile
« Reply #22 on 08/10/2010, 09:23 »
@Laroc, as there's no LLU presence on your exchange £12.99 is the cheapest broadband around.

@Alxns, you're on a price match exchange, so I can arrange the discount for you if you're happy with your current product? You would see the updated prices if you wanted to change product, but obviously you can't change to the same product. Smiley
« Reply #23 on 08/10/2010, 10:02 »
My Plusnet Premium is £19.99 per month on a Market 2 area. How much will this be reduced by and how do I get the cheaper price?
twitter / beeare
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #24 on 08/10/2010, 10:04 »
It doesn't - to get a cheaper price you would need to change to Extra
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
« Reply #25 on 08/10/2010, 11:09 »
@Laroc, as there's no LLU presence on your exchange £12.99 is the cheapest broadband around.

@Alxns, you're on a price match exchange, so I can arrange the discount for you if you're happy with your current product? You would see the updated prices if you wanted to change product, but obviously you can't change to the same product. Smiley

Yes please that would be helpful.
« Reply #26 on 08/10/2010, 11:44 »
Can someone clarify whether a new 12 month contract applies? Someone asked above...

I think the answer is that there is no 12 month contract as such any more, but signup and modem fees if you leave within the year, which wouldn't apply to an existing customer who was changing products (unless they took a new router too). Is that correct?

It is important that people make the choices with their eyes open!

Mike
previously known as xpcomputers
  • Mand
  • View Profile
« Reply #27 on 08/10/2010, 11:47 »
Spot on Mike.

For existing customers an account change has no bearing on contract. The only exception to this is if you change to an ADSL2+ product and take hardware, this is provided on a deferred contract basis for 12 months.
  • Mand
  • View Profile
« Reply #28 on 08/10/2010, 13:06 »
Yes please that would be helpful.

Done. Smiley
« Reply #29 on 08/10/2010, 13:29 »
Hi guys,

This does actually apply to extra and pro too, here are our new prices for market 1 and 2 exchanges:

Value - £10.79
Extra - £15.79
Pro - £20.79

Please see the blog and FAQ here for the full details:

http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/10/06/tv/

Mand - you quote "as there is no LLU  on my exchange £12.99 is the cheapest"
So why the statement from Adam.
Once again Mk1 exchange customers see no benefit from price reductions, not even a customer who has  been with PN for years,
« Reply #30 on 08/10/2010, 14:33 »
Good to see the price coming down on market 2 ,  i can not see no reduced prices for market 1
Please see the edit of my original post and the FAQ which should clarify this.

I've tried to answer all the unanswered questions I possibly can here. Please let me know if any further clarification is needed.

Adam

This comparison  table is misleading!!

For example (market 1 exchange) you say compared to  the Orange package you save £288.62 but you have compared a cost for 12 months (161.38) against 18 months. (450.00)

For this to give the correct/true saving you need to compare the price for 18 month for both. So the Plusnet price need to increase by 12.99 * 6 = 77.94

Add 77.94  to the 12 month cost of 161.38 =  £ 239.32 for 18 months of PN broadbabnd

Soto get the saving  450.00 - 239.32 = £ 210.68 not £ 288.62

You have also done the same with the Virgin comparison , once again misleading !!!

The correct saving over Virgin is £ 120.50 not £198.44

We did not intentionally make this misleading it was identified as a problem, I have seen a fix roll-ot for this today too.

ooking at the new offering I see this
Is this per PC or for all the PC's on the connection.
Reason for asking is that £24 per seems a bit high for 1 PC  and what is Plusnet Protect anyway
More to the point - if it is a repackaged McAfee which version is it

Jim,
Please refer to this post for more information (unless you have already) http://community.plus.net...ex.php/topic,89589.0.html

Also on  my reply No 6 the attachments shows 12.99 on going for market 1 , according to you that should be 10.79?

That is was due to the problem I've already mentioned and has been fixed.

Seems like only market 2 has a decrease in price and 1 is staying the same or is the website wrong ?

This depends on what other providers are offering at the exchange, we are only reducing prices where we would otherwise not be the lowest cost provider available.

rom where I am sitting it looks like free advertising for 02 in my area due to you doing half price first 3 months vs O2 free for 3 months. perhaps you will fall fowl of advertising rules by claiming at the top of the screen you are cheapest then showing in the table you are not? Screenie attached but post code blanked out to save off topic comments ;-)

Again this is not as intended and should now be fixed.

You need to sort out your slogans, I mean really you should be concentrating on more Important Issues, Then when they are Fixed your slogan should be.......We wont be beaten on customer service...

Good point Steve, a few people have mentioned this, the slogan is intended to be informal. To be frank as with a lot of accents around the north of the country the English rulebook can sometimes go out of the window. Colloquial English in Yorkshire can mean that syllables and parts of words (even whole words) can be dropped from sentences (i.e 'Broadband Wi'out annual contract' instead of 'Broadband without an annual contract).
Adam Walker
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
« Reply #31 on 08/10/2010, 15:25 »

From where I am sitting it looks like free advertising for 02 in my area due to you doing half price first 3 months vs O2 free for 3 months. perhaps you will fall fowl of advertising rules by claiming at the top of the screen you are cheapest then showing in the table you are not? Screenie attached but post code blanked out to save off topic comments ;-)

Again this is not as intended and should now be fixed.

By Fixed you mean you now tell ppl there is zero saving (a look in the table shows you as over £19 more) but the page still claims you are cheapest when you are not. Additionally you are still claiming upto 20mb when the exchange is only adsl max and you correctly report the competition as up to 8mb. It looks very dodgey tbh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE