cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless mouse

Not applicable

Wireless mouse

Looking for a wireless mouse for my laptop as am fed up with wires.
Could do with some advice please.
I want a smallish one in white if possible and the dongle needs to be one of those very tiny ones that don't stick out too far.
If anyone has the time and inclination to have a gander on the 'net would appreciate it.
Have had a look on eBay and Amazon but need to know if I am better having wireless or bluetooth.
Huh
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to a more appropriate board – Chat Chat should only be used for these sorts of questions when no other suitable board exists.]
13 REPLIES 13
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Wireless mouse

If you want the small dongle then you want bluetooth, I use a trust bluetooth mouse on my EEE and it is small (almost to small for my hands  :D) and connects to my BT dongle. It is black though  Tongue
Be3G
Grafter

Yep I agree with the hairy biker – Bluetooth is much better. It is, however, not as cheap as bog-standard wireless. Also, you should be aware that some Bluetooth mice don't actually come with a dongle (as some computers come with Bluetooth built in), but dongles can be found quite easily and cheaply I believe.
Lurker
Grafter

I dislike Bluetooth, and the argument about receiver size is not particularly valid (although if you have Bluetooth on board already and don't therefore need a transmitter there is some validity!)
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/6686
I get on well with my current Logitech mouse, one which I've been using daily since 2004 (I've had a number of replacement keyboards, and there was a time I used a Microsoft Mouse for a few months.)
You'll see the size of the nano receiver at the above link, and of course there are various options depending how much you want to spend.
One thing that is really worth considering is comfort - make sure your new mouse feels comfortable to use. Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bought my wife one of these: http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=24580&tid=frooct
Given that the same mouse is £45 on amazon that's very good, it's a great mouse although it did mean me spending another £12 on a bluetooth card for the laptop as it wasn't installed. Well worth it though.
If you have bluetooth then I'd recommend it for sure, it's a great little mouse.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Quote from: poppy
Looking for a wireless mouse for my laptop as am fed up with wires.
Could do with some advice please.
I want a smallish one in white if possible and the dongle needs to be one of those very tiny ones that don't stick out too far.
If anyone has the time and inclination to have a gander on the 'net would appreciate it.
Have had a look on eBay and Amazon but need to know if I am better having wireless or bluetooth.
Huh
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to a more appropriate board – Chat Chat should only be used for these sorts of questions when no other suitable board exists.]

Is this any good??  
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies and advice. I will go for a bluetooth  and will check out all the links.
I have a Sony laptop that has bluetooth software installed but alas no chip.
So now I don't know whether to go for a mouse+dongle or enquire about having one fitted.  Huh
Would be nice not to bother with the dongle at all then would just have to get the mouse.
Not applicable

Matt - could not find alternative colours on the CC site but managed to get one of them on eBay HERE.
It looks the same (or similar) so hope that it is OK.
Just remembered that I had a bluetooth dongle in the drawer so have stuck it in the lappy and W7 has installed the drivers itself.
It is a fraction smaller than a normal USB pen drive but if it annoys me I will get one of those little ones that are advertised.
AFAIK it is working - well, at least it is lit up. Hope that I can get it working OK when it arrives!  Undecided
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Poppy Poundland had the small dongles in last time I was in, maybe worth trying there if you have one close. Alternatively I got mine from Dealextreme.com but you have to wait a couple of weeks for it to come from HK.
Not applicable

Yes, we have a Poundland not too far away - in fact I was just opposite the shop yesterday afternoon. Will take a look next time I am there so thank you for the information.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Poppy,
Good find, didn't know Razer had an ebay store! That's really handy, thanks. Excellent price too!
Once the bluetooth was installed (which you've already done :)) it was simply a matter of putting the batteries in the mouse, turning it on (there's an on-off switch on the bottom to save battery) and pushing the little sync button again on the bottom - the laptop had picked it up and got it working within a minute of me doing that.
Not applicable

Ooh, thank you for the compliment. I must have become a savvy shopper because I am not usually so lucky.
I think it is the influence of you PN forum-ites and my other half who is renowned for his bargains and will spend ages seeking them out.  Roll_eyes
Anyway, wouldn't have got it had it not been for asking and getting help so thanks for that and for the instructions on setting it up.
Not applicable

- postman delivered new mouse today. Put the batteries in and it wouldn't work - hadn't switched it on!  Embarrassed
Once switched on, pressed button - paired it without a code (hope that's OK) and up and running straight away.
It is much smaller than my other one so fits my small hand very well. Also, being white, it matches my lappy - all very tasteful.
Love it already.  Plusnet forum rocks (is that the right terminology?).  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news! It should be fine without a code, I didn't use one Smiley
Quote from: poppy
Plusnet forum rocks (is that the right terminology?).  Grin

It serpintly is Grin