cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just changed from bt to plus.net little help

Pretender
Grafter

Just changed from bt to plus.net little help

Hiya i have just joined great deal and my contract with bt ended in december i have just been on a rolling contract with them to cancel anytime.i got my mac code earlier and i have signed up.
some questions sorry if you dont know just general answers will be cool
how much will bt charge?
i have logged onto my bt account well via yahoo.btinternet.com and it is saying i am on 'pay as you go' do bt change you to that once plus.net start the talks with bt with your mac code?
i might be going on a 2 year trip to oz at the end of the year can i keep my contract going whilst i am and get my mum to cancel it after the twelve months? or can i phone them before i go and tell them to just stop the service at the end instead of carrying on the service when i am gone?
sorry if you cant answer the questions. this is roughly one 1/3 of what i was paying with bt and i always download big files at night so this service if good!!! .
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Just changed from bt to plus.net little help

When you go on your sabbatical the easiest thing to do is convert the PN one to PAYG, that keeps your account active until you come back at little or no cost
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you have deferred charges for hardware etc., you might be able to get them waived for the last few of the 12 months they're due, if you convert to PAYG with the expectation that you'll be coming back after your sabbatical. You'd have to speak nicely to someone at Customer Care....
Hope this helps
Chris
edit:  big welcome to the forums, BTW  Smiley
Pretender
Grafter

oh no i am no sure. i didnt ask to be put on pay as you go. its just my account says that. i have ordered my plus.net internet i was wondering if that was the reason bt are showing up as pay as you go now that is all
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Looks like a bit of confusion from the answers.....
Firstly,..... you will have to ask BT about your account with them.....
Secondly,. Run your PlusNet connection/package, that you signed up for, UNTIL you are about to depart for other shores..... then contact PlusNet Customer Services, just before you go, to have the package changed to Pay as you go..... so that your account with Plusnet, remains active, and by doing so, you should not incur any charges on router/set up fees etc....  ( it should also cancel out your monthly subscription/DD payment)..... then when you return, you can revert back to the monthly/DD package, or whatever currently available...
There may be a "condition" that you have to use the PlusNet Pay as you go account at least once every 30 days to keep it active, so you could ask your mum to go and log in for you and check the forum or something....
Mand
Grafter

Hi Pretender and welcome to the forums Smiley
You'll need to ask BT about your account with them I'm afraid, as I'm nor particularly familiar with their processes.
Regarding cancelling/downgrading your account, you'd be best calling us before you leave, and arranging for the account to be downgraded once your 12 months is up, as that will work out cheaper than paying the early cancellation charges.
Mand
Grafter

@shutter, you can't downgrade a broadband account to PAYG with deferred fees, they'd have to be paid up first, which is why scheduling the downgrade for the end of the 12 months will be the best option.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

OK. Mand, Thanks for putting that straight. !  Wink
haggis
Grafter

Hi
I moved back to Plus from BT in Jan Why i left this in the first place i will never know .BT tell you all sorts of rubish when you move I was told to pay £X a month to keep my email by one then another told me it was free then another tells my it will die after 90 days if not used .Personally i favour the latter .How much will they charge well now how long is a peice of string . Grin .Are you fully out of contract for BB if so they so should not charge you anything ,BEWARE they attempted to charge me £25 cancelation fee ,"ON a migration ".if they do send a polite email request for clarification to cceo@bt.com you should than be contacted to sort it out ,ask for phone contact only it's faster or it was for me .Are you also moving your phone I did .If you are do you know if you still have any contract time on things like anytime calls they will want that again ask for clarification .I suggest phoning the billing dept of BT try to speak to a UK based or you will get the run arround . If you are moving everything to Plus watch your bill see what they try to hit you for and if you think it is wrong or over the top use that email address with account  details .The indian help desk will tell you f you get them for billing that it will be online/with you in 21 days or is that 28 or even 14 .If you have online billing download the PDF and save it .However you do it good luck and get ready for the run arround .Oh and if you get a UIK billing person ask if they can cancel any DD s as you left on whatever date and will phone to pay the final bill .