cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are PlusNet playing at refusing payment?

Surfer
Grafter

What are PlusNet playing at refusing payment?

I contacted PlusNet to pay up the remainder of my contract upfront, an amount of £23.96 but PlusNet are refusing to accept this.  I did it previously but since they moved their call centre to some god forsaken place it appears that you are dealing with people who read from a script and have no common sense between their ears.  I am at present unemployed and do not want to set up a DD for obvious reasons which is why I want to payu the remainder of the contract upfront.  All I can gte from these morons is that because I am cancelling I must pay an additional £20 but I am not cancelling.  I even tried using the support ask a question but now I have it in writing that PlusNet are refusing to take payment up front.  This could be quite interesting as I will be refusing to pay monthly and if it did advance further the account will be in dispute so no DCAs can get involved and PlusNet are going to look pretty stupid going to court because a customer wanted to pay upfront.  Most companies would be more than happy to take your payment upfront but not PlusNet.  Anyway now that i know the call centre is in the Far East I will be changing providers anyway as British jobs should be for British people!
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): thread moved to move appropriate forum.]
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: What are PlusNet playing at refusing payment?

Hi there,
Firstly - we have two call centres.  One in Durban, South Africa and one in Sheffield, Southern Scotland.
Our payment systems do not allow for us (easily) to take a payment for a number of months in advance.  We require a direct debit or a credit/debit card to take a continued monthly subscription.  You wouldn't need to have a direct debit instruction setup if you wanted to pay by card.
The cancellation charge is £25 - this is something that we are charged by BT Wholesale to remove a broadband service from a telephone line.  When is it that you are looking to remove your broadband service from us?
Have you tried calling our customer options team (based in UK)?  They may well be able to offer a solution for you.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Jameseh
Firstly - we have two call centres.  One in Durban, South Africa and one in Sheffield, Southern Scotland.
Typical southerner - the north starts at Watford Gap then does it  Shocked
James
Grafter

I'm reliably informed that I'm from le Hertfordshire ni North France.
@ Surfer
If you would like me to, I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss.
James
Grafter

@Surfer
Thanks for your time on the phone.
As per our discussion, I've updated your ticket with the details of which we spoke.
Surfer
Grafter

James please read my latest reply on thed current ticket as it is very urgent.  I was expecting you to phone me back for my card details in order to make the payment.  The card that you used is dormant at present and not in use!  Please see many early support tickets about thsi card which seemed to have been ignored.
Mand
Grafter

Re:What are PlusNet playing at refusing payment?

Hi there,
I've done the necessary and replied to your ticket.
Apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused.