Seasoned Pro

my router stats

Statistics Downstream                            Upstream
Line Rate 8096 Kbps                            448 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate 10880 Kbps        1132 Kbps
Noise Margin 14.2 dB                            25.0 dB
Line Attenuation 0.0 dB                          5.5 dB
Output Power 12.1 dBm                        15.8 dBm
can someone tell me what these stats mean please and if they are good or bad and what could i do to fix em,thankyou very much
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
26 REPLIES 26
scootie
Grafter

Re: my router stats

those stats are fine your syncing at the best you can on 8mb product. the atten stats are little messed up but thats just reporting errors nothing to worrie about
what router model is it?
can u see the bt exchange from your house?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would recommend asking for interleaving to be switched off as this will reduce your ping when gaming and give you a little more speed - 8128lkbps
Steve
Seasoned Pro

thanks for the fast reply,im new to plusnet so just looking over what i may be able to do to speed things up a bit,im in a small town so the exchange is less than 2mile from me,im using a belkin wireless g router and currently im hardwired.
scootie
Grafter

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed what is your current line speed here you need to be logged in to plusnet member centre.
if this at the right profile for your sync then they only major thing thats slowing speeds is plusnets traffic mangment unless your on the pro package. http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml
Steve
Seasoned Pro

the line speed test that was done to see what speed to expect is 7150 and im on the unlimited package and my downspeed is sitting at or around 2mb which im happy with as its double what i was getting with dreaded tiscali Crazy
scootie
Grafter

is that speed test of 2mb been done speed test site or is that speed your seing on certain downloads. i reckon your PN profile is at 2mb that should update an u should see 3 times that speed of 2mb.
its the current speed on the link i gave in my previous post thats of intrest. it may be a simple reboot of router to pick a updated PN profile up if its set at 7150 currently
Steve
Seasoned Pro

thats done with speed test site and with plusnets speed broadband checker,profile is sat at 7150 at the link you gave me and i only got switched to plusnet yesterday,but heard that as im new my speed will stay at 2mb at the moment? Smiley
scootie
Grafter

yes thats true but as your pn profile is sat at 7150 do u want to try rebooting your router or simply log in to your router and disconnect/ reconnect just the internet no need to resync and see if this picks up the PN profile on speed tests
Steve
Seasoned Pro

ok yeah i will give that a go and get back to you with results,thanks very much for your support.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

ok went into my router settings and disconnected then reconnected and this is my results
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The problem is almost certainly the IPprofile and if so it will fix itself evenualy
If you run thr BT speedtester what does it say http://speedtester.bt.com/
Your login will be yourusername@plusdsl.net
Steve
Seasoned Pro

in reply to you oldjim this is what the bt tester says Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1858 kbps
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Thought so - you will just have to be patient - it may even take 10days from when you were connected to catch up but optimistically it may only take 3 days
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Oldjim
Thought so - you will just have to be patient - it may even take 10days from when you were connected to catch up but optimistically it may only take 3 days
thanks for the info and too everyone who has got back to me here,i must say im liking plusnet,ive had more help and better customer care than ive ever had with tiscali the whole year i was with them,think i made a great choice leaving them and coming to plusnet,seems alot more helpful not to mention my STREAMING over xbox live has improved very much Grin