Saturday 19th April 2014Login | Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Want a second extension / pstn number?

« Reply #32 on 11/01/2010, 17:31 »
From Rich S's original post (it's still valid now)

Your credit balance would serve both accounts.

Yes your "credit balance" will be shared... but any "inclusive minutes package" will NOT be shared. Any extra accounts will be PAYG only... with all minutes chargeable.

Mike
previously known as xpcomputers
« Reply #33 on 25/01/2010, 12:23 »
Can I ask if the 5 required is now a cost for setting up a second extension or should it be added to my balance?

I have just received my second extension and it looks as though it has been registered as a cost.

Thanks
« Reply #34 on 25/01/2010, 21:52 »
It certainly was available to make calls with when I got mine. Has your 'Available credit' not gone up be a fiver?

You have just reminded me to use some of it - for a variety of reasons my outgoing calls go via a different route, so I've still got over a tenner sitting there doing nothing. Better use it - don't like to think of Plusnet getting too fat on the interest.  Cry  Roll Eyes
« Reply #35 on 25/01/2010, 21:59 »
Looking at my Transactions I have an earlier one that is listed as a top up for my original line then this one says  VoIP Additional Extension.

If someone from PN staff doesn't put me straight in the forum then I'll raise a ticket.

Of course if that lazy tenner of yours needs some exercise...  Smiley
« Reply #36 on 27/01/2010, 17:57 »
For us to be able to offer a second extension there is a 5 admin fee to cover to Manual work to add the service and operating costs for that new extension.

This was offers as credit top-up when this originally trialled.
Martin Dean
Plusnet Technical Support
« Reply #37 on 27/01/2010, 19:26 »
Thanks Martin.  No problem.  Still worth having.
« Reply #38 on 27/01/2010, 20:09 »
Martin,

Great to see you picking up a baton on VOIP stuff. Are you an official VOIP person in the CS team, or just someone personally interested & knowledgeable?

Shame to see the 5 no longer becomes credit top up... but to be honest that was always just too good to be true!...
As a 5 charge to manually set it up, with no ongoing monthly charges... it is still an absolute steal, so hopefully people will continue to snap them up!

I'm glad to see this that extra extensions are still being offered as an option.

Can I suggest that someone (needs to be a Mod I think) edit the first post in this thread to make it clear that the 5 is an admin fee now (not given back as a top up credit)... as that will hopefully stop anyone from getting needlessly upset in the future.

And those of us who got in while the pickings were good, will keep quiet about the amazing deal we got.... Wink  (just need to work out how to spend my 14 accrued credit.... since most of my calls are incoming!)

Mike

ps   if someone can use the "report to moderator" link on my post, then the mods will see it and hopefully act on the update... unfortunately we're not allowed to report our own posts!!! Wink
« Reply #39 on 02/02/2010, 04:38 »
xpcomputers, I can advise that I reported your post as you requested.  Hopefully it will get looked at shortly.
  • Oldjim
  • Forum Moderator
  • View Profile
« Reply #40 on 02/02/2010, 10:33 »
Done
Jim

Old Harry Rocks
« Reply #41 on 02/02/2010, 12:19 »
For us to be able to offer a second extension there is a 5 admin fee to cover to Manual work to add the service and operating costs for that new extension.

This was offers as credit top-up when this originally trialled.
Martin

For this to change from a 5 credit-to cost of work done only why were we not given 30 days notice that this offer was withdrawn? Angry

Puddy
VoIP Equipment 
Siemens Gigaset C460ip + 5 handsets
  Grandstream GXP2000 Yealink vp-2009
     Nokia N95 N900 N8 Nexus7 16gb 2 X Samsung Galaxy G2/G3/G4/G5? (voip) Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player (voip) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Draytek 2710Vn router
 voip accounts plusnet draytel sipgate & Coms.com
        http://www.puddy.co.uk  For Boeing & Airbus news
« Reply #42 on 02/02/2010, 12:59 »
Hi puddy.

form the time that I have been adding additional extension over the past 12 month it has always been a 5 admin fee.
Martin Dean
Plusnet Technical Support
« Reply #43 on 02/02/2010, 19:15 »
Hi puddy.

form the time that I have been adding additional extension over the past 12 month it has always been a 5 admin fee.

It was on the understanding that we had a 5 phone time credit not 5 admin charge Undecided

puddy
VoIP Equipment 
Siemens Gigaset C460ip + 5 handsets
  Grandstream GXP2000 Yealink vp-2009
     Nokia N95 N900 N8 Nexus7 16gb 2 X Samsung Galaxy G2/G3/G4/G5? (voip) Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player (voip) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Draytek 2710Vn router
 voip accounts plusnet draytel sipgate & Coms.com
        http://www.puddy.co.uk  For Boeing & Airbus news
« Reply #44 on 25/03/2010, 15:21 »
Hi,

We have a need for 4 adittional geographical numbers for a VOIP account, this is for tracking response to various adverts.
I raised a ticket, (32672846) but was told it's not possible.

Does anyone have any sugestions, we are of course happy to pay the admin fee.

Thanks,

Phil
« Reply #45 on 25/03/2010, 15:32 »
I would suggest using Sipgate http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/numbers.php they are still offering free geographical numbers
« Reply #46 on 25/03/2010, 16:15 »
As I understand it the maximum is 3 VOIP accounts. So if you currently have one, you could add the second pair only.

I know I have three Plusnet VOIP lines here, and a friend just got an additional pair added by Plusnet yesterday... so they are still doing this.... but not to add 4 new numbers.

If you have problems getting them to add up to 3 total, then post a link to this thread in your ticket and ask them for less numbers.

If you need marketing phone numbers (0800, 0333 etc), I might be able to get you some for no fee, and no rental charge that can point to any landline or mobile (including your existing VOIP accounts). You just pay a small cost per minute to redirect the calls to your number. Drop me a PM if this might be useful to you.

Mike
« Reply #47 on 26/03/2010, 09:13 »
Phil

I take it you are on a business account? There may well be different rules for business accounts to residential & certainly more flexibility.

If Plusnet won't let you have 4, but you like the service so far, why not talk to Gradwell, who actually provide the service.
www.gradwell.net
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Jump to:  

Related Sites

Community Apps

Here at Plusnet we're always trying to use clever open source things to make our lives easier. Sometimes we write our own and make other people's lives easier too!

View the Plusnet Open Source applications page

About Plusnet

We're a Yorkshire-based provider selling broadband and phone services to homes and businesses throughout the UK. Winner of the ISPA 2010 'Best Consumer Customer Service ISP' Award, we're proud to offer the UK's best value standalone broadband.

© Plusnet plc All Rights Reserved. E&OE